Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aeros For Sale/Everyday driver?

Stock rods a weak point?

91Callaway,

If the stock rods are really a weak point, I think you probably saved quite a bit of money on the rebuild by replacing them BEFORE they went through the side of your motor.

I would be very interested in the type of rods that you used for replacement (did you also change out the pistons then?) and the overall cost of the rebuild.

Unfortunately I am in SoCal, so the costs would probably be a lot higher once they saw that Aero body come in for a rebuild/toughening up estimate.

Have others had cracking problems with the turbo housings?

thanks,

Steve

Both 91Callaway and I had our engines rebuilt by Callaway AFTER the rods went through the block. I've already named the parts that they use on the rebuild. There was no money saved on mine. The bill for the engine would have covered the cost of Josh's new B2K, the shipping back to FL and the new upgraded exhaust system he's looking at.

$19,230.29 to be exact. im looking at my invoice dated 4/10/2000.

90Callaway said:
The bill for the engine would have covered the cost of Josh's new B2K, the shipping back to FL and the new upgraded exhaust system he's looking at.

:j :eek :eek

91callaway said:
$19,230.29 to be exact. im looking at my invoice dated 4/10/2000.

Mine was a bit more as they replaced both turbos with new ones and the exhaust manifolds. I don't have the invoice in front of me but I seem to recall the manifolds being like $1200 a piece.

:j Is right! :L

Mangusta - I was wondering if you are still thinking about one of these Twin Turbo beasts?? Tony C. just picked one up to compliment his CR1 (and the other 2 Callaways he has :upthumbs ) and was wonding if you were still thinking of doing the same??

Enjoy :v :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom