Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

After market wheels and tire ideas?

Delph

Corvette
1967 Corvette Roadster Bigblock 500+HP
I have a 67 that I have the original 15" ralley wheels and I have the 17" Billet aluminum Rally style wheels from Wheel Vintiques, which I like very much. But, I want to give it a modern day Hot Rod look too. I have been looking at many pictures and really like several looks but I am not convinced on which way to go.

I am planning on having the adjustable susspension to allow an inch or two lowering and raising and I already have the off set trailing arms. I am thinking 17-20" with low sidewalls to give it a different look.

Question---do any of you have pictures and or ideas of a wheel and tire combo? The pictures dont have to be of the wheels 17" or larger, just an aftermarket combo. I have seen some TTII style wheels with different color center/hub, that look really cool too.

thanks for the help,

Tim

This is a picture of the 17's on it. I think I can lower it a little and put a little larger diameter rim to give a really cool look. When I want it to look bone stock I can put the 15's back on. :D

169401Vette_67_0058.jpg

My choice

Tim, I went through the same dilemma a little while back, and after speaking to some very knowledgeable wheel manufacturers, I was told that the largest size wheel that would fit on our mid-years was 18".

This is the size I choose, and then I went with VBP's " Performance Plus " suspension upgrade to make the lowering, and ultimately any needed ride adjustments, a fifteen minute task. Check some of my past posts, for the complete details.

Here is what the car looked like with the new wheels, and after the car was given ( check front fender/tire ) a lower stance.

65vert1.JPG

Stepinwolf

Tim,

I certainly understand your desire for something different. I went through all of that during my project run. I finally realized that 15" rally wheels still do it for me.

Of course, because of the big fenders, I can do something that few others can do. ;)

IMG_2324-700.jpg

Front - 1969 8" x 15" wheels with 1969 trim rings and 1967 centres.

Rear - aftermarket 10" x 15" wheels with 1969 trim rings and 1967 centres.

I think that the overall effect has people scratching their heads trying to remember if rally wheels really looked that deep-dished. :confused

Good luck in finding the right look for you and your car. :w

Thanks everyone. I am still searching. I am not exactly sure what I want. I have an idea but I havent seen it yet. If anyone has any pics I am interested in seeing them.

Thanks again.

Tim :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom