Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

After seeing the real thing

vetteboy86

Corvette
1986 Black "Indy 500 Pace car replica"
This weekend was the first time I layed eyes on the C6 in person. I viewed it in magazines and never really appreciated what GM has done with the car. After looking at it I see many different generation styling in the body of the car. I am really pleased with what i saw. Most people dont like it, but i think it is great. Now i cant wait to drive one, what a thrill.

craig

vetteboy86 said:
Most people dont like it, but i think it is great.
Craig,

What makes you say most people don't like the C6. There was a river of drool running across the packing lot. Wish I had the $$$.

Craig,
I am one that generaly liked it from the time the first pics came out. (was not a real fan of the C5 as it was too smooth, too curvey, too generic :( ) But when I saw a C6 in the flesh, at the factory, I fell in love. Its styling, to me, can defined as crisp. Love the sharp body lines. I really do not see any C5 in it other than maybe the windshield and side glass. There is a lot of C3 in it, the front and rear fender lines and the way they carry into the door. See a lot of C4 in the rear.

If they can solve the front license plate issue (I live in a state that requires a front plate) then the C6 will be on my list of must haves :)

tom...

I did hear some people unsatisfied with the look of the car, however i think they will come around. A few people from my area have their doubts, but as soon as they see the car that will all change. I think it is great.

craig

Awesome...

My first time in person...very impressed with the car ..... love the lines and the open eyes seem to grow on me pretty quickly... i had reservations about the headlights...not anymore....this is a great ride....out of my pay scale...but in my dreams!
I remember saying that about my '73 , so there is always hope!
Chas:beer

vetteboy86 said:
I did hear some people unsatisfied with the look of the car, however i think they will come around. A few people from my area have their doubts, but as soon as they see the car that will all change. I think it is great.

craig
Exactly. I've been saying all along...before you pass judgement on the car based upon photographs, wait till you can actually see the car sitting in front of you.

I remember when the Ferrari 360 Modena first appeared in car magazines. My first thought was, "The designers obviously overdoesed on Grappa." When I saw the car in person, I had a much different perspective. It's like that with all cars. A lot of people don't realize that photographs have a tendency of removing depth and hiding accents and important lines. You really can't get a good feel for a car until you see it up close in person.

Rob,

I agree 100% i didn't appreciate it until it was right in front of me. I am so happy with the car, what a great way to start a new generation.

Craig

When i heard of the C6 coming out i thought that they might have been bringing it out to soon, but I am glad they did, what a fine Corvette. When i layed eyes on it I fell in love.

I finally got a chance to see the car in person at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this past Sunday. I loved the car in the photos and even more so in person. I could only imagine how good the car looks in motion. I loved the C5 when it came out, but the transition from the side of the car the rear always seemed like something was missing. I can't say that about this car. I love it from all angles. Don't get me wrong I still love the C5, but something was always missing in the rear 3/4 angle of the car. Plus a C5 will probably be my first Corvette, especially since the C6s will be out of my price range for a while. I would be proud to own any C4,C5, and now a C6. Maybe one day.

When I first saw the C6 in pics...I liked it. When I saw it in real life...I LOVED it.

I really like the C6 when I see the video on the road etc..

Awesome

I just saw a C6 on the rode the Monday before Memorial Day in Kalamazoo, MI. I have to admit that I was not impressed with the magazine photos and it did look much better in person. I did not like the C5 either but it did grow on me. The C6 was unmistakable as a Corvette--even at a distance. Having said that, I still do not like the exposed lights primarily due to the body color inside the housing. On the silver cars, it doesn't look too bad. Hopefully, the C6 will grow on me as well.

I agree..blackout headlight covers would be a prerequisite to me owning one..

What is with all the little bulbs showing?

Smoked or hazed glass should be standard.

Not a biggie..as I heard a lot of vette jokes where the corvette crowd is into lighting..

Now it'll probably sell even better so what the hell do I know..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom