Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket Air Conditioning: What One

daryl

Corvette
1964 Corvette
I am trying to deceide on what air conditioning I should get. The two systems that I know of are Vintage Air and Hot Rod Air. Does any one have one of these systems? and why do you like that system?
:confused
Thank you for you input.
daryl

Another company is Old Air Products out of Ft. Worth, TX, if I remember correctly. I've got one of their systems in my garage that I've never got around to installing in my '66, so I really can't say about performance. Maybe someone else has one . . .
Their internet address is http://www.oldairproducts.com/shop/index.php?cPath=30000000_120131979_31000000_31000001_31000003_120131983&osCsid=8a4edeab78d267db283f5fda837efe58 for the mid-year Corvettes, but they handle a wide variety. Hope this helps!

rlm

I've got one of the Old Air units in my 65 coupe. I use the GM compressor so that it has a similar appearance to original. It was in the car when I bought it a couple of years ago. Has worked OK. Switched over to the new refrigerant when the compressor went out last summer. Doesn't cool as well now, but adequate. The Vintage Air installation looks more refined to me, but mine may be an older unit.

Daryl I just put vintage air in my 66. I thought the kit went well. The instruction are poor at best. The fit is very tight. Vintage air seems to be willing to help with problems. The finished kit looks good and works well. I paid 945 for the kit. Hope this helps. Brent

Several years ago I used the Vintage Air unit in my 66, I was not real impressed with the controls and fit. Its in and works but the controls are 60s technology. It seems like they could have selected some newer electronic control stuff. The fit is tight in a midyear under the dash and hard on the hands.

Tyler

Vintage air is best for me

I am trying to deceide on what air conditioning I should get. The two systems that I know of are Vintage Air and Hot Rod Air. Does any one have one of these systems? and why do you like that system?
:confused
Thank you for you input.
daryl
I have a 1974 corvette which had a Vintage air done and i am in florida south west and it get very hot the air in my car will freeze you out on 95 degrees day.I also have a 1982 thats in garage and after 2000.00 bill it still won't go under 67 degrees moving and when its at a light 75+.I should have spent the money on a Vintage air for it also.Hope that answers your question

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom