Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket Interior

C

crossbones

I want to upgrade my heater/ac/fan swithes in my 75, I dont like the original style and as I can find many parts to replace what I have and make it exactly the same, I really want to find improved, updated parts for it. I have noticed this with several parts on my car, such as

Seats, they are unattractive, even when brand new. I have tried putting in later year seats and they dont fit right and as I am 6 ft my head rubs the ceiling. The factory seats dont give me this problem, but dont look nearly as good.

Windshield wiper switches, the parts are available to get the same one, but why not update them into a more solid part. Even new these things feel flimsy

The boxes behind the seats are handy, but a pain to open. Really, push this little metal button and pull up without a handle. How about a twist style that I can pull on when I twist. Or even a handle.

But my biggest issue is the heater control nobs. I want to know its on the setting I choose without having to take my eyes off the road to make sure its exactly where it needs to be. then putting my hand where the air is supposed to come out of to make sure its right.

Anyone have any fixes for these issues. Maybe the parts are there and im just looking in the wrong places. Thanks in advance for any help.

I want to upgrade my heater/ac/fan swithes in my 75, I dont like the original style and as I can find many parts to replace what I have and make it exactly the same, I really want to find improved, updated parts for it. I have noticed this with several parts on my car, such as

Seats, they are unattractive, even when brand new. I have tried putting in later year seats and they dont fit right and as I am 6 ft my head rubs the ceiling. The factory seats dont give me this problem, but dont look nearly as good.

Windshield wiper switches, the parts are available to get the same one, but why not update them into a more solid part. Even new these things feel flimsy

The boxes behind the seats are handy, but a pain to open. Really, push this little metal button and pull up without a handle. How about a twist style that I can pull on when I twist. Or even a handle.

But my biggest issue is the heater control nobs. I want to know its on the setting I choose without having to take my eyes off the road to make sure its exactly where it needs to be. then putting my hand where the air is supposed to come out of to make sure its right.

Anyone have any fixes for these issues. Maybe the parts are there and im just looking in the wrong places. Thanks in advance for any help.
I can only try to help with the storage boxes. The original should have had loops attached next to the button so you could lift the door. Look for the screws or screw holes, cut some leather (I used an old pair of worn out gloves) and replace. Now easy to open!

Not sure about the rear compartments in yours but in mine there are handles. As far as the seats--I have C5 sport seats out of a 2000 in my 77 sitting on the stock 77 seat tracks. I'm 6'2" and I still have headroom. Much more comfortable than even the originals with new foam and leather. (Which I had.) Especially with the power lumbar and side bolsters. Art

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom