Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Aggravating Wind Noise

Ron Furgerson

Corvette
2002 Dark Red Coupe
Guys -- My 2002 hardtop C5 has aggravating wind noise on the passenger side. I suspect weather stripping as the door and window seem to align perfectly. When I compare the driver's side weather stripping with the passenger side I can see a slight indentation about 2 inches long on the passenger side at the top corner of the stripping where the stripping meets the top of the rear edge of the window. There is no such indentation similarly located on the driver's side. Also, I notice that when the door closes with the window in the full up position, the window barely pushes against the weather stripping thus making a seal but not a tight one. I realize this seems a minor irritation but it is one that just diminishes my Vette enjoyment. Any suggestions for a fix or do I just gotta live with it? :confused Thanks for any advice.

I had the same issues on my 2003. The Dealership adjusted my door so that it closed a little tighter on the window. The top door hinge was moved inwards towards the car.This was done with good results and did not have a visible effect on the lines of the vette at all. There is also a little lip on the top of the roor frame where the window closed under. Just bend this in "A LITTLE" it holds the glass tighter iin place. Hope this helps.

I had the same issues on my 2003. The Dealership adjusted my door so that it closed a little tighter on the window. The top door hinge was moved inwards towards the car.This was done with good results and did not have a visible effect on the lines of the vette at all. There is also a little lip on the top of the roor frame where the window closed under. Just bend this in "A LITTLE" it holds the glass tighter iin place. Hope this helps.
BVY -- Thanks for the quick response. I'll give it a try and see what happens. I did not think of that as a possible fix as the lines are so perfect now. I was thinking I would have to do something to the weather stripping. Incidentally, by-the-by, I was looking for a Vette like your 50th Anniv edition to match my '78 25th Anniv. edition, but no luck in finding one. I particularly like your Med. Spiral Gray color. That is so cool. Thanks again for the help

Thanks for that tip. I'm supposin' that the tip in/'out adjustment would need to be made by the dealership or an auto-body shop. Is that correct?
Naw,If Shooter can do it you can!!:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom