Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Air Cleaner for 1960

60vettesdr

Corvette
1960 Tasco Turquois Survivor
As seems to be the case teh last couple of winters I have had my 1960 Turquois vette in the shop for various repairs and maintainence. One of the projects that was done this past winter was to have the carburators rebuilt and "brightened up". Which is akin to chroming in process but doesn't have the shiney finish of chrome but rather they look as though they just came out of the box and they stay that way over time. This is what I am told anyway. My question now is there a way (without having the car at home) to tell if the air cleaner uses a paper or foam filter or does it even matter. The reason for my question is that the original air cleaner is kind of dinged and dingy and I kind of would like a better looking one to have for show and I would keep the original one for obvious reasons. I have looked around and I don't know which filter kit to get or whether it matters which one I have on the car. The car has a 283/245 w/2x4's. The last 4 numbers of the VIN are 8025 if that helps. The car is all matching numbers and even has the original paint. I would like to make sure that I get the right thing. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

The correct 2x4 air cleaner for your VIN is the one with the foam element supported by the zig-zag reinforcing wire (it replaced the sealed one after about #900). Paragon has it as their #399K. :)
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom