Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Air Cond.

klyons

Corvette
1988 Bright Red
An article in this months Corvette Fever prompts me to write this. Is it the compressor or just the clutch? One day this past summer I smelled a horrible smell that seemed to be rubber burning when checked i found that the pulley on the front of the A/C unit was not turning unplugged wire on A/C Clutch and this cured it. According to the article in Corvette Fever Corvette has not experienced A/C Compressor failure for a number of years and replacing the clutch would repair this problem. A much cheaper solution. Should I believe all that I read or replace the whole unit.
Input is appreciated
Thanks
Freezing in Maine;shrug

A/C ?

Maybe you could lossen the belt and see if you can turn the unit by hand?

Usually when a clutch fails it slips instead of turning into a brake.

There may be some bizarre way the AC clutch can lock itself to the mount so it wont turn, but I don't know how.

Sorry 'bout that :(

Dick

Yep, I was the one who wrote in the question. I guess if I knew them, what I know now ( at least what the article said ) I would have just went for the clutch. The way my luck has been going, the compressor would have been the original problem and took out the new clutch.

Thanks guys I think I'll go for the clutch of course I've got some time up here in Maine I won't see the vette until April at the earliest and won't need AC until the end of July for 2 weeeks.

:pat :v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom