Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Air foil

Worthless... Looks cool when you're cleaning the throttle body tho. :D

It is molded into the bigger size TB's I believe 52, and 58 so it is up to you. It is cheap and easy to put in so it is really up to you. People will say its worthless etc etc etc.

When I put one on my 92 many, many years ago, I could have swore that it improved part throttle response and feel of the car. Probably, just in my mind though as there isn't any way of quantifying 'feel' and I didn't dyno it before and after to see if it really did any good. As far as I know, it's still on the car today.

The one I installed inserted into the connecting tube between the TB and the air box, so when you removed the tube, you didn't see anything on the TB. Some bolt to the TB and are easy to show off.

If you can get one free or real cheap, go ahead.

They only help just a very small amout as I have one, make sure you use a little Loc-Tite (green) on the threads so it does not come loose and find it's way in the engine.My guess if you did every mod from the throttle body bellows to the ait box it would help a little more.

Louis Bartay said:
make sure you use a little Loc-Tite (green) on the threads so it does not come loose and find it's way in the engine.

Could it get through the runners to make it to the intake??

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom