Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Air Hood Door Solenoid

eoseitz

Corvette
1974 Stingray L82
I've thought that a cut wire going to my hood has been for a light since I bought the car. I was working on a project the other day and ran across a section in my haines manual talking about an air hood door. I'm going to reconnect the wire today. From the sounds of it, it is controlled from a switch on my gas peddle. Is there a way to check the voltage on this wire without having someone push the gas pedal down? The haines manual tells me to jump a wire from the horn relay to test the solenoid. From the looks of my wiring schematics, the horn solenoid may be under my dash. This seems like a long way to run a jumper wire. Can I find a 12 volt source under my hood and test it with that? I'm not sure if it runs off 12 volts.

I've noticed. I went out and bought the wiring schematic for my 74, because all of the wire colors are incorrect in the Haines manual. I really need to find an assembly manual.

...I really need to find an assembly manual...

You can order an AIM from almost any Corvette aftermarket provider. Hard copy paper or CD; your choice. Do you have a 74 owner's manual? If not, order one when you order the AIM.

:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom