Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

AirFilter?

frisk

Corvette
1972 BB502
Hi There all Corvettefans!:)
Im from sweden and i have a corvette -72. When i bought it it didnt take long( about 3 months) before the engine broke down. So i bought a knew one, A 502BB :) . The old engine had a big airfilter.... 5 inch moruso droped-base with a big hole in the hood. Now i have renovated the hood and so to my problem. I only have about 3 inch from the bottom to the hood. How big airfilter do i need for this engine? Is it enough if i have a 2,5-3 inch filter with a "filtertop" ( dont know what you call it).

A 2 1/2 to 3 inch high filter that is 14 inches in diameter would work fine on a 502. Use a drop base to maximize your height. The filter tops lids are great but watch out for the fire hazard from what I hear dont know for myself jsut what Ive heard.

The filter tops lids are great but watch out for the fire hazard from what I hear dont know for myself jsut what Ive heard.

Thats what i also have heard... dont want my beuty to catch fire hehe so if its not necessary i skip it. Thanx for quick answer ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom