Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Alternator/Regulator?

Jim

To be clear on this... when you turn the key ON but the car isn't running... the BATT light in the drivers info panel NEVER LIGHTS?

And I'm still betting there is a BLOWN diode in you bridge.....

Mark... I'll let you know what I want to part with... also hit up KEN & Chris... they have LOADS of stuff !

Vig!

Sorry, yes with the ignition on and before you start the car all the lights are on, but then they go out after it starts. I have noticed it coming on while driving.

Check it out in the DARK..Ohhhhhh scary!

Watch closely... it will be just on the edge of illumination... full accessories ON A/C/ radio etc.

Vig!

( Still thinking ALT....)

BTW DO NOT GET A PEPBOYS ALT WHATEVER YOU DO!

Batt.going dead

I just changed my alt this a.m.-20 min job.
My symptoms were the same, charge batt-runs down , as charge is dropping so is voltage indicator - from 13v , 12--11.
As soon as changed it, went for a quick burn-whadda ya know,
it's back running at a steady 13.6 yaaaaaa hooooooo!!!
I don't know about you guys but I'm going for a nice long cruise.

1986 silver targa top l98 105 amp alt

this site rocks :_rock :CAC

Yeah BUDDY!

Good going........

What kinda of ALT did ya put in?
rebuilt-new-lifetime?????
Where & how much?

Vig!

I checked it out before replacing mine...1985 Z-51 has from factory 120 amp alt. If possible you should get one of those...the extra amperage does not hurt anything but sure comes in handy when you start adding things....like amps for stereo. And it was the same price from NAPA as the 100's and 105's...with lifetime warranty...for a bit over a "c-note".

type of alt.

Hey Vig- and any one else who would like to know, the replacement was an ac/delco from advance auto with a
lifetime wty for 110.00- part # 321286 for a 1986 105 amp
unit.
Jamm'in Jeff

Thanks

Good info to note...

Vig!

Well I finally got back to my electrical problem. I replaced the alternator, and Vig you were correct, that cured all my problems. Every is running as before. Battery seems fine. It just got a good workout running the car while the alternator was bad.

Thanks again.

Woof!

Chalk another one up to CAC!!!!!

Your Welcome~!

Vig!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom