Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: alternator

chevy6673

Corvette
1973 Corvette ,1966 ss impala
here is my question:

my car had a regulator mounted on the fender wall. I got a new alternator with an internal regulator and someone told me to run a wire from the positive connection on the back of the alternator to the regulator plug on top of the alternator. Is this accurate? The battery keeps dying, but I'm not sure if it's from this or a drain somewhere. thanks for your help have a :beer on me , go blackhawks

Bubba did not add on a regulator. There is an easy conversion to go from the firewall regulated alternator to the internally regulated alternator. Call MH wiring. He can sell you the proper wiring which plugs into your old one and a piece that slides into the regulator to make it work properly and look good.

"Vettehead Mikey" is correct. 71-up use an 10-SI alternator with a built-in regulator.

Maybe that "box" on the firewall is not a regulator but some other device?

I dont know why I thought it was a 68.
If it is not charging check the fuse link. Abulge in the wiring from alternator. Untape it and put a test lite on both sides.

Bubba did not add on a regulator. There is an easy conversion to go from the firewall regulated alternator to the internally regulated alternator. Call MH wiring. He can sell you the proper wiring which plugs into your old one and a piece that slides into the regulator to make it work properly and look good.
do you have the number for mh wiring when i do a search it comes up with lots of places that sell but is there a main company number thanks to all

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom