Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aluminum Radiators For My '85 C4

Viper 10

Corvette
'85 Light Bronze C4, '96 Blue/White GTS Coupe
Hi Friends:

I am tired of replacing the stock radiator with plastic tanks on my '85 C4. Can you please give me some feedback on the best Aluminum radiators? Was it much of a challenge to install(were modifications necessary)? Where did you get the best prices for them?

Thanks all for your feedback. Have a great day.

Brad

I haven't had any experience with it yet Brad, but I'm going to be using a radiator from Be Cool when the new engine goes in. I've heard good things about it being a drop in swap and also that it does a good job of cooling. It's sitting next to the Vette now. ;)

_ken :w

Ken said:
I haven't had any experience with it yet Brad, but I'm going to be using a radiator from Be Cool when the new engine goes in. I've heard good things about it being a drop in swap and also that it does a good job of cooling. It's sitting next to the Vette now. ;)

_ken :w

Yep BE COOL is a good one..

Also Griffin and De Witt make drop in replacements as well

Jeff:

Are there many modifications that need tobe done in order to put these in? I just saw the Be Cool site and it noted some modifications.

Where is the best place to buy these radiators?

Thanks again,

Brad

Brad, something to consider might be to have larger custom tanks installed on the stock radiator. A friend a mine had this done on his '85 after installing a built motor from Summit Racing. The radiator is still in the car and it's been about 5 years. Total cost was a couple hundred bucks. Something to consider.......

Jay

Viper 10 said:
Jeff:

Are there many modifications that need tobe done in order to put these in? I just saw the Be Cool site and it noted some modifications.

Where is the best place to buy these radiators?

Thanks again,

Brad

Brad, not sure what if any mods are needed with these.. I am still using my stock radiator...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom