Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

am i doing something wrong here??

T

Towu4free

I love my Corvette dont get me wrong i Pamper it more then my girlfriend or my truck my father and i restored... i mean everytime i get done driving it i wipe the brake dust off the wheels clean the exhaust holes and wipe down the interior where my paints legs may have rubbed and created a dull spot...not to mention i wipe it down with spray detailer after all that..it looks :upthumbsSO SHINY!!! and stays that way then i put the car cover over it and then a waterproof tarp when bad weather is coming:thumb...hell i even compliment her a little bit a little inspirational talk never hurt nobody/or car BUT it seems like everytime i want to go for a joy ride or take it to school something isnt right. today for instance the damn car shook like the tires were square blocks and pulled bad to the right its been recently alighned and new tires i checked the pressure all is good there the tires just had flat spots i believe im going to rotate them tomorrow but it just aggravates the absolute S*$& out of me to the point where i want to sell it and buy a diffrent one.. i mean i do like being the only 19yr old drivin a corvette conv;worship to school...hehehe i get a lot of looks and even a date or two:Buttslap

I've had flat spots on tires before. My car sat for a couple of weeks and was rough when I took it out for a drive. After about an hour of driving, they smoothed out.
I don't see how rotating the tires will help, but if you do, some tires and wheels are directional. Make sure they are rotating the right direction. (Tires should have an arrow on them)

If your car has been sitting a long time, hopefully, the vibration will go away the more you drive it. Your tires are balanced, right? :)

I would say the relationship I have with my vette is a love hate type of thing. I love the car 99% of the time. Some things happen, lord I know that for sure. Driving a 24 year old car, makes me worrry a bit. I drive it spirited too, so sooner or later something always needs attention.

If you get rid of your current ride what would you get? How long have you owned it? In my experience, when you buy another used vehicle, you may inherit that owners issues, as where you know exactly where you are it in your current vehicle.

I would say the relationship I have with my vette is a love hate type of thing. I love the car 99% of the time. Some things happen, lord I know that for sure. Driving a 24 year old car, makes me worrry a bit. I drive it spirited too, so sooner or later something always needs attention.

If you get rid of your current ride what would you get? How long have you owned it? In my experience, when you buy another used vehicle, you may inherit that owners issues, as where you know exactly where you are it in your current vehicle.

SO.. how many miles do you have? Original clutch?

You baby it too much. Ha! Ha! Take it out and beat on it once in a while. Show it who's boss.

I agree, I babied the hell out of my car for the longest time, then my neighbor came over one day and asked if I've ever really driven the car the way it was designed to be driven.
Since then I beat on it a least once a month and I love it.

I love my Corvette dont get me wrong i Pamper it more then my girlfriend or my truck my father and i restored... i mean everytime i get done driving it i wipe the brake dust off the wheels clean the exhaust holes and wipe down the interior where my paints legs may have rubbed and created a dull spot...not to mention i wipe it down with spray detailer after all that..it looks :upthumbsSO SHINY!!! and stays that way then i put the car cover over it and then a waterproof tarp when bad weather is coming:thumb...hell i even compliment her a little bit a little inspirational talk never hurt nobody/or car BUT it seems like everytime i want to go for a joy ride or take it to school something isnt right. today for instance the damn car shook like the tires were square blocks and pulled bad to the right its been recently alighned and new tires i checked the pressure all is good there the tires just had flat spots i believe im going to rotate them tomorrow but it just aggravates the absolute S*$& out of me to the point where i want to sell it and buy a diffrent one.. i mean i do like being the only 19yr old drivin a corvette conv;worship to school...hehehe i get a lot of looks and even a date or two:Buttslap

...in the King James version your dangerously close to idolatry.....close...lol good job!
then that being said take that puppy on the highway and bring everything up to operating temperature every time you fire the engine and it will last an extraordinary amount of time...(Bugatti was not wrong about that)
ps
grow up slow
it's got to last a long , long time.
be blessed
s

The wheels on the right side of your car are different from the left side. In order to rotate the tires you must remove them from the wheels and remount them on the wheels on the other side of the car. You have two different sizes of tires on the car and they are directional. Leave them as they are now.
My car shakes for the first half hour because the tires are cold and have a flat spot on them. It's worse if I have the top off. After they heat up it's smooth as silk.
Suggest you check that both rear tires are the same size and both front tires are the same size and that the directional arrows on the tires are pointed in the right direction.

Lp

The problem you are probably experiencing sounds like the brake calipers are not with-drawing from the disk. This is a common problem with cars that are sitting or stored. Get to a point where you can set down the brakes a couple of times and see if that don't care of your problem. Do not lock up the wheels but jam them harder than normal. Hopefully that will take care of your problem without cost of repair.

To eliminate or at least cut down on the flat spots, park the car on plywood squares, the thicker the better.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom