Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Am I obsessed?

I know how you think.I have a 86 c-4 I paid $400. for it . now it's worth alot.Of corse I've replaced almost everything but it's a labor of love for the car that all Corvette owners have.

I agree it is a labor of love. But yours is probably worth a lot more than mine because of what you paid for it. Mine is paid off too but since I put so much in it I really do not think I'd get anywhere near what I put in it, that is unless I stop driving it, preserve it, and keep it for 20 or more years! :rotfl

Nice clock Junk!

My version is no where near as cool....but actually LET the kids play with the Micro Machine Vettes? No way!:chuckle Develops into a fun game though. First they learned the colors, then the numbers, then the "C" type, then the year and eventually can tell time
Vette%20clockSmall.jpg

WOW! Now that is nice! Hw much for it? Just kidding as I know it is probably priceless with the kids and all. It is a really nice piece of work. :thumb

I guess I should show the clock I made......

C4Clock1a.jpg

I think, Paul, you are right...I am obsessed.

COOL!! I love it. Now I GOTTA do something like this!

At least it's a GOOD obsession. It is not like we're on heroin or anything, although my Vette IS my heroin. I need a daily dose of driving it.
:rotfl

These are COOL! Now my wheels are turning, be a great addition to the garage!

Vette%20clockSmall.jpg

C4Clock1a.jpg

B17Crew
:w

obsessed is what it's about

Hope this picture comes out. I painted the garage the color of my car and we have a picture of it in every room in the house.

Brewster, welcome to the forum! That car looks NIYIIIYYYYIIIIIICE!!!

Paul
:thumb

Crazy Man

Paul,
Like you said, if you are going to be obsessed about something, at least make it something legal. Well so much for the legal part, I'm sure the speedo has seen some 55+ runs.
Your car is probably better then when it rolled off the assembly line.
I love my vette too. Just saying that I own a Corvette sends chills down my spine.
Keep having fun!
See ya,
Lee

Like I keep saying, it has a built in ego booster. It is like a new car. I plan on doing more to it too. All I need is new seat foam and leather, windshield and rubber, new rubber seals all around, new blue UNcracked top, and I am done. Both interior and exterior are immaculate too.

I'm with you. Whenever I go into the garage and see that car I think, MAN, I actually OWN a paid off VETTE!!! My OWN Vette, FINALLY!! It took me a long time but I finally got one. Next up is a 2004, C5, yellow or blue, auto or manual, coupe, WITH (MUST HAVE!) a HUD, oh, and the door side trim moulding. The boss says 2010. We just got her HER dream car tonight. A Mustang. She's GLOWING!!

Paul

Look what I have done to this car!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Bought 1994 Corvette with 84+ on the clock.

Installed or replaced:

FSM
Sony stereo CD and new front speakers.
New lower front spoiler
PKE
Two new keys.
Lug wrench
Garage floor wheel stop
Floor mats
Driver’s headlight
Cigarette lighter.
Replaced ALL fuses on passenger door side, found many corroded
Wiper blades.
Radiator cap.
Clear plastic sill protectors.
Bilstein shocks
Lower ball joints
Battery
Four wheel alignment
Rear license plate holder
Fixed manifold oil leak.
Serpentine belt
Sun visors.
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Gas filler protector.
Backup lights
Steering column rag joint
A frame bushings
Two new serpentine belt pulleys
Fixed SYS light with the resistor mod.
New header garnish.
Rear deck trim
Removed and replaced radiator, cleaned it and straightened fins
Engine Coolant Temp sensor
Center air dam
Inspected brake pads
Right door power window switch
4 Kuhmo’s
Alternator rubber boot on electrical terminal.
Cleaned rear wheel speed sensors.
Riveted sheet metal onto door panels and used tool dip to cover all surfaces ,no more squeaks.
Headlight Delrin bushing mod
Transmission fluid and filter
Left manifold gasket
Fuel pump.
PCV valve.
Removed and cleaned the IAC.
Removed and cleaned the EGR and replaced the gasket.
Replaced the oil and oil filter.
Had emissions test.
Fuel filter
Serviced air conditioner
Fuel line clamp in engine compartment.
Both front outer tie rods.
Both rear outer tie rods
Front end alignment
Rear leaf spring bushings
Detailed exterior with all three Meguire products.
Rear inboard brake light fixture.
Installed new machined metal bushings with silver anti-seize compound in headlight horseshoe brackets
Removed and cleaned throttle body. Replaced all gaskets. Replaced all hoses too.
New throttle position sensor
U-joints
Right manifold
New water pump
New optispark
New plugs & wires
Removed and cut notches in sway bar bushings and greased them with moly grease

:w

The fact that you've done all that work to your 'Vette does not make you obsessed. The fact that you've got records of everything you've done, down to what fuses you've changed, and how many types of detailing products you have used makes you obsessed.

Tell the truth now Paul, you have all of this laid out in a nice pretty excel spread sheet don't you? With the price and date installed on every item, along with every fill-up since you bought her, including the average MPG per tank, a mileage log for all your road trips, and probably a wish-list of stuff you still want to do to her.

Oh, wait! That is the spread sheet I made up for MY car! Well, at least we are in good company, Paul! :beer

:thumb Jason

Jason, you will not believe this but I DO have a spreadsheet with ALL the gas fill-ups, how much it cost, but not mileage. I also have a log with receipts of ALL the work done, what date and mileage. Remember, I worked for the airlines so I keep a "logbook" the same way we did on aircraft. It may be a little anal but I don't care. She's my baby and I take GOOD care of her.

The latest replacement? Left seat belt. And did you know that not ONLY are the bolts FRI****G TORX (ARRRGGGHHH) but, get this, METRIC TORX!!! I didn't even KNOW they made metric TORX! For God's sake GM, what in the world is up with that?????? So I made do, I used a ball-peen hammer and "made do" with a number 45. It worked great! Oh, another thing, I usually take detailed photos of EVERYTHING I do, AND, I have my FSM in five three ring binders with each one labeled with label tape as to what binder contains what chapter. It makes finding things SO much easier. But I use it a LOT and I have read it cover to cover so many times I have it practically memorized.

So, yes, I AM obsessed! Buwahaha!!!!
:eek:hnoes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom