Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Am I obsessed?

Paul,
That's a great list! I think you should post it as a reply any time a newbe asks about buying a C4. By the way, I think for most of us, it's well past obsession and into addiction! Do you suppose there's a 12 step program for Vette-a-holics?:eek:hnoes I'm not sure I want to be cured though!:_rock :_rock

HAHAHAHHAAHA

I NEVER want to be cured. Vettes are so ingrained into my psyche it IS an addiction. Like someone told me on this forum, a Vette comes with a built-in EGO booster! He was right! Posting it for a newbie would be a good idea. Let them know what they are in for. My first post reply after the welcome for joining (which was nice) was get ready to change a water pump and an opti. Truer words have never been written.

But I wouldn't give it up for anything, 'cept another Vette of course!
:D

Yes of course you are!
I have a folder with all the receipts that keeps getting thicker and thicker. I will however NEVER add up the total $ for fear of losing my sanity! :bash

Paul, after reading the entire list of all the fixns' you did, all I can say is......
WOW!!!
Now I'm tired just thinking about everything you did.....think I'll go & sit in my Vette for awhile........:)

Okay, ready for this? Sit down now. I am. :eyerole

I keep a spreadsheet of ALL stuff for the car, tools, parts, etc. The total comes out to be, drum roll please, and a barf bag for me because I'll NEVER get out what I put in it...$9089.12
:ugh

At least a lot of it is new and will last 75 - 100 K miles.

Now, don't any of you go calling the men with the white coats on me!

I LOVE my Vette and I plan on keepin' it for a long while. I drove my wife's Mom's car last night to the mall, a Hyundai sedan, and I felt like a WIMP!!!! There is NO other car for me!! I KNEW I should have driven the Vette. This car couldn't get out of its OWN way!!

:puke

Obessesed

;help Paul you could join Corvettes Anonymous. I have a problem. Its my Corvette . Even when I am at work I think about it. I bought it off Ebay 2 1/2 years ago. The targa has a crack,the windshield is cracked the weather stripping is dry rotted around the doors, and is close to needing a new set of tires. The trans was leaking oil from the tail shaft seal. Not even a radio. It was clogged up with cigarette ashes. I don't want to think of all the $$$ spent to even get it road worthy. She spends time in the garage when the weather is bad. I took it out today to run errands.
:thumb

I will become the Doctor Phil of Vettes. ;LOL

I think about my Vette all the time too, I even DREAM about it!

Obsessed

Paul,

It is great not to be the only one. I love the C-4 styling. Our weather has been mild. I will be out running errands again:cool. We do get a mix of winter. There will be days when the vette will be tucked away. Maybe a sub-forum for our obsession can be created. You could be the DOCTOR in charge managing the symptoms of Our Obsession.;help

;LOL

dw, you're right it is an obsession. If I was the doctor I would prescribe another Vette because a Vette has that ego booster built right in.

I would also prescribe very high speeds with someone ahead of and behind me with a cell phone on the highway to warn of cops.

At least I have an understanding wife. She likes the Vette too, that is from the passenger seat!

Really though, there is no other car like it in the world. I love it when people check it out. Like I USED to do before I had mine. And working on it IS a labor of LOVE.
:upthumbs

:duh:duh:duh OK Paul,I give.;);)
I must be too,Look what I made out of Junks "JUNK" Parts!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

18573d1228965008-junks-junk-art-

Junk's clock

What a clock. Is that a tire on a rim? :thumb
Paul,
Although mine is TPI it was all I could afford at the time. The LT1 was my first choice. As long as there are no mechanical or electrical surprises I have found the TPI to be reliable. I don't care about the 4800 rpm limit. I usually don't go above 4000 rpm anyway. The vette is mainly a cruiser not a racer. My wife rarely rides with me. In fact I would like her to come more often.:)

That IS a clock! I didn't notice the first time! COOL Junk!

Now, I have to sound ignorant but what does TPI stand for? Something, something Injection I would guess.

Too bad your wife doesn't ride with you. My wife loves it. She loves the feeling of being pinned back into the seat, and that's even before we leave the garage!
;LOL

Now, I have to sound ignorant but what does TPI stand for? Something, something Injection I would guess.

Too bad your wife doesn't ride with you. My wife loves it. She loves the feeling of being pinned back into the seat, and that's even before we leave the garage!
;LOL

TPI = Tuned Port Injection
TBI = Throttle Body Injection

;LOL
:L:L:L I was gonn'a say,In your dreams!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie
But then I remembered that your allot younger than I am!!!:D:D:D

It's about 1/3 of
1. 01 Z06 Chrome Wheel (Damaged!!)
2. 1/2 Goodyear EMT (Good Tire!)
3. 1 99 Corvette Rotor (Courtesy MsSchroeder!!)
4. 1 Center Cap (New GM)
5. 1 Craft Shop Clock Kit

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/off-topic/110077-junks-junk-art.html

Well it's pretty darned NICE Junk. I'll bet people would BUY them from you!
:beer

Paul, my hat is off to you. :upthumbs

You have a “new” Corvette! With all of the care you’ve bestowed on your C4, it will give you many years of enjoyment.

All the best,
B17Crew
:w

Thanks B17, that was my intent from the beginning, to "zero time" it out. That's aircraft lingo. Now all those parts will last 100,000 or so miles. You're right, it is like new. I love this car!

Paul

Thanks B17, that was my intent from the beginning, to "zero time" it out. That's aircraft lingo. Now all those parts will last 100,000 or so miles. You're right, it is like new. I love this car!

Paul

You’re welcome, Paul!

B17Crew
:w

I enjoyed it last night looking at Christmas lights. There is NOTHING like driving a Vette. It fits me like a glove. If I had known THEN what I know NOW, I would have scraped and begged and panhandled for the money for a Vette. But at 49 I finally have one. And I'll be getting a C5 in the future.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom