Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning! Am I the only one with this Customer Service Issue???

PLRX

Months ago I ordered four rotors for my 96 Vette from Vette Brakes and Products. The sports suspension system, a complete bushing set (frot & rear) and the C5 Brake Kit Upgrade for late C4s.

10 components came out defective. Two-Front caliper brackets, two-front rotors, two-rear rotors and four-bushings for the frame to link bracket. The front calipers would not fit, the caliper was rubbing against the rotors (rotors they sent). I called them and technically their tech rep told me to get them fix so I had to pay to get them "shaved". The machinist took off 0.010 ~.015 of material had to be shaved/taken off for the caliper not to rub against the rotor.

The bushings for the “4 link” were too small in circumference. I had to ship the Vette’s parts fto VBP in Florida for them to “custom make” new bushings and took them two weeks for me to get them back. This is a part they advertise to be a bolt-on or direct fit.
The slottled “high performace” rotors came out defective or should I say they are cheap. They are eating my pads away FAST (Hawk HPS). The enormous amount of brake pad dust on the rims is three times the amount I get when I drive the 95 Vette (also with Hawk HPS with rotors from RotorPros) on a longer distance.

Every time I call them, they put me on hold for while (hoping for me to hang up) and they tell me what I want to hear or to make me happy. I sent an e-mail and took them a week to reply and they are doing all possible for me to eat up the bad rotors and not to refund my money. Today I received an e-mail telling me that the owner wants to see the rotors. I say the manager can’t make a call.

Have anyone experience this with VBP or other company?
Need advice

Put it in writing. You got plenty of pics too right? EVERYBODY should ALWAYS take pics of ALL work. It will add value to your car. And hopefully it's not too late to start a chargeback for the purchase.

Words go away when the sound stops. Paper don't quit. Neither do pics...

My experience with Vette Brakes and Products has been inconsistent. The instructions they sent with upper control arm bushings were sketchy at best. After installing them incorrectly, they were ruined. I have almost forty (40) years in the auto and truck repair business. I would think I would know how to install bushings by now. They did send new bushings at no charge. I did have to be stern and argue the point. I had to eat an extra 4 wheel alignment.

They seem to have good ideas for new products. Customer service is a hit or miss proposition.

Good luck on getting this all resolved! :thumb

AFTER GETTING YOUR VETTE ON THE ROAD, PLEASE SAVE THE :w!

Have anyone experience this with VBP? Need advice
That's a very strange story about VB&P. I'd say that it's definitely not the norm. Many of us here have dealt with VB&P and they've been nothing but spectacular both in pre-sale and post-sale service/support. VB&P are Industry Partners here at the CAC. If you are going to 'call them out' (not in a bad way), let's give them the chance to respond either privately or publicly. :thumb

This issue has been spread across two different threads. You'd have been better to just use one.

Occasionally--more often back when rotor slots were a "new" procedure--I've seen rotors with the slots improperly machined which rapidly wears pads because a corner of shaves off pad material. Because I've not seen the rotors being discussed here, my comments are not to say this is the problem, here, but I have heard of that situation with other rotors.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom