Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ambient outside temp not working

0utlaw

Hello all.
I am a newbie and I need some help. I had my radiator and stat replaced this week and since then, my outside temp only reads 50 degrees. I took it back to the radiator shop who did the work and they had forgotten to plug the wire back into the sensor under the front of the car. After plugging it back in, the dash still only reads 50 degrees. They said maybe the computer needs to be reset.

I don't know if that is the problem or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
0utlaw

Don't know if this will work, but try disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes.

Had that sensor go bad on the bride's GTP last week. Cost about CAN$12 which is about US$1.50. Works like a charm now. She's as cool as a cuke.

Thank you all for your help. Turned out that after the wire was connected back to the sensor, and the car sat for 8 hours while I was at work, when I started her up, the outside temp started registering properly. Been ok now for 4 days.

Hello Any chance you remember what color the wires were coming from the dash that you connected the sensor plug into?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom