Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ancient Newby in Alabama!

Ratfink

Corvette
2001 Black Coupe 6 Speed!
65 and just got My first Vette! 2001 Black Coupe 6 Speed! Wow I shouldn't have waited so long! and good news;Wifey refuses to even sit in it! Win,Win!

:L

Congrats and welcome to the Corvette Action Center!! :upthumbs

Well Rat please post directions to your house abd we'll be over for breakfast Sunday :thumb Plan on about 250 or so about 9 am

Clearly a Big Daddy fan... Welcome aboard!!

Mac

Welcome aboard! I'm betting your wife is going to come around.:rotfl

65 and just got My first Vette! 2001 Black Coupe 6 Speed! Wow I shouldn't have waited so long! and good news;Wifey refuses to even sit in it! Win,Win!

I turned 65 this year, too, but I've been in the Vette hobby since I was 18. Doesn't matter how long you've owned a Vette or which one you own, you're welcome here on the CAC.

Enjoy that '01, "Ratfink".

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!

Welcome and Congratulations

Welcome aboard we're glad you've joined us. And congratulations on your first Corvette, nothing else quite like it, drive it like you stole it, mine is a 2000 and have had illusions of updating mine but it's like part of the family and not sure I can either afford or justify in my mind a new one no more than I drive mine now!!! Hopefully this go away and I still think the C-5 series is the nicest looking, and awesome body lines, details and designed one out there for the most part!!! My wife is not real crazy about Corvettes either might even say she don't like them and especially on interstate and a semi right beside you, SHE NOT DIG'N THAT AT ALL!!! But she will give in if we stay off the interstate, but still never will be crazy :argue about it either, says she does not feel safe!

-Bill

Last edited:
Welcome to the CAC. :w
Here is a picture I took at Kissimmee Mecham Auction in January this year of "Big Daddy Don"

Attachments

• IMG_3076.jpg
    IMG_3076.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 79
A Legend for sure. . . . . . . "Big Daddy"

Nice picture of a legend, lot of history behind this man and I am sure he could tell you some stories, he lasted when others didn't!

Definitely a pioneer of many things in the drag racing world, most notably was the first rear engine dragster which is the norm now in drag racing. I met and talked to him over the years at local area drag-strips. Back before all the glamour of today. Actually witnessed this legend changing spark plugs himself years ago. He gave me the take out plugs, still have some of them left somewhere, no pictures or any other documentation to proof it but I know it. . . . . . . I pretty well grew up with these legends, Don Perdome "The Snake" and the "Mongoose", TV Tommy Ivoe, "Cha, Cha" Modowny, spelling on any of this probably isn't correct. Spell check only goes so far and I suck at it!!!

-Bill :beer

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center...and to the World of Corvettes!!! Believe me, your life will not be the same! ;) One of the best things about having a Corvette is meeting so many wonderful people who share your love of this car. You will love it all, I'm sure! And if you have the opportunity to join a local Corvette club, do it! They do a lot of activities and have a lot of fun. I'm sure your wife will see that and start enjoying the social life!

Elaine

Welcome to the CAC. It sounds like your Corvette is your private time. I can see that. My wife doesn't drive her Corvette too much any more. She says she is too worried about hitting a deer with it. She ordered it new in 1980 and it's her baby. The last couple of years I have been the only one to drive it. Actually I think she is getting soft and likes her Equinox more than a stiff riding car.

I love the Rat Fink icon. I was a major Big Daddy Roth fan back in the early '60s and even painted Roth style weirdo shirts and sweat shirts when I was in high school. You just weren't cool unless you had a shirt, sneakers or something I painted. At least that's what I told everyone. I think I have seen every one of his wild custom hot rod creations over the years.

Enjoy your new Corvette,
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom