Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Another Key Fob Question

Thanks. I did pull the key out of the fob, but it sure is a tight seal. Could not find the "slot" they mention in the manual. I tried a strong pocket knife, but it wouldn't budge and I didn't want to break it. Do yiyu know where these supposed slots are?

Once you've taken off the key and the spiral ring, look along the side of the fob where the key holder cut out is made. There's a slot cut out on one corner of the fob where you shouuld be able to insert a screw driver and prise the fob open.

Has anyone tried the FOBS slot beside the glovebox when they had a "NO FOBS DETECTED" on their DIC? This will tell us if it's the FOBS battery or not.

Wish I had read this thread before yesterday. I was with the Michelin folks at the 50th anniversary of NCCC in Colorado Springs yesterday. One of the two Z06s from Spring Mountain was having fob troubles similar to the ones described here. I belive both Z06s were 2008 vintage. One Z06 would not start when shut off and the fob in the cup well next to the shifter. Neither Michelin reps new corvettes well enough to know what to do, but since I was working the start finish line with the Z06s and I knew of the problem and remedy from the Owners Manual, I placed the fob in the glove compartment access slot after the DIC registered No Fob Detected. Sometimes I had to jiggle the fob in the slot for the car to start. After awhile, we just let the car run when the participant finished the second lap. Sometimes, when the Z06 was turned off, the car would start normally, other times it would not. I don't believe that the problem was the fob nor the car battery. Wonder if the fob issue on the C6 was put in the car to replace the issues of the steering wheel lock on the C5s? There always is a problem, but this is one of the reasons the CAC has such great people to advise us on problems.
Barrett

Check Out Your Cell Phone

So riddle me this: I usually use key fob #1, and every time I go to open the door with the fob in my pocket, it opens, just like it is supposed to. Lately however, when I try to start the car, there will be a lot of clicking, and the DIC will show "No Fob Detected", and the security icon will turn on. If I push a button on the key fob (does not seem to matter which one), the security icon turns off and she starts right up, presumably because she recognizes the fob now.

This has happened a couple of times, so I thought it might mean a low battery. So I popped it into the recharge slot in the glove box for a little over an hour. After the fob had charged, I took the fob out of the charger and hit the start button. Again the DIC shows "No Fob Detected", so it looks like it is not the battery in the fob. After I pushed a button on the fob though, she started right up. Just for grins, I tried using the #2 fob for several days and I had no issues at all.

This coupled with lemish's C6 auto-dimming mirrors not working 1/2 the time thread, I'm starting to wonder if the issue is with the way the car recognizes the #1 fob, and not the fob itself. Any thoughts on what might be causing this issue?

Jason

Had similar problem in this sense. Car would open but would not start. Removed Key Fob and all worked fine. Found out after this happened several times the key fob was in the same pocket as my cell phone! Check out your owners manual. My 2008 manual says "Check to be sure an electronic device such as a cellular or lap top computer is not causing interference." My note is on page 2-5.
Just had the same thing happen with my wife's 2009 Nissen Morano!
May not be your problem but it was mine.
Jerry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom