Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another newby with C5 questions

vettewings

Corvette
2003 Silver Coupe
Hi everyone -

Another new C5 owner here. We just picked ours up about 2 months ago, and are looking to make some simple mods. Have already dropped in a K&N filter and got rid of the accordian air intake connector in favor of the straight silicon version. We're thinking about a new exhaust system, for a slightly deeper, throaty sound. Are the Stingers good for that? Also, is there any noticeable difference with them on in terms of performance?

Thanks!

Think.........GHL I think they sound great but most aftermarket systems do sound and perform better than the factory.
Find a local Vette club, go to a meeting and talk to them and maybe listen to a few different types.
Good luck.....:w :w :w
99-small.jpg

1st Off - Welcome to the :CAC

YES - The Stingers are Great for that! I was told a few years ago with intake & exhaust mods I might see 10-15 hp increase.

Post a few pics of your Corvette when ya have sometime.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Thanks for the welcome and the info so far. I think we're going to do the Stingers at Eckler's get-together in October. They are doing a 10% off and discount for installation as well.

I assume we won't have to fool with any reprogramming to support the new exhaust?

I'll post a couple of photos soon. I have to resize them to fit them within the board limit.

Regards!

vettewings said:
Thanks for the welcome and the info so far. I think we're going to do the Stingers at Eckler's get-together in October. They are doing a 10% off and discount for installation as well.

I assume we won't have to fool with any reprogramming to support the new exhaust?

I'll post a couple of photos soon. I have to resize them to fit them within the board limit.

Regards!

No reprogramming is necessary.

Another option on the pictures is to host them someplace like photobucket and link to them there.

BTW, when do the vettes do the dragon run (US 129)? We run our bikes there all the time, but would like to take the C5 up and run it as well...

vettewings,

A group of us from the SE region are planning a run in October. This thread contains links to the current threads where we've discussed it.

Click here

Check it out and join us if you can!

:w Jane Ann

vettewings,
Welcome to the CAC. Hope to see you on the Dragon in October! :m

Tammy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom