Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another one bites the dust

ARKvette02

Corvette
Well, after looking for a gas station that doesnt sell Ethanol blended fuel I finally found one. The Chevron in town sells pure gasoline!!! YAY!! ..........Well they did, yesterday they switched to 10% blend:confused:confused:confused. I was told that everyone will be selling that crap soon!!! Is anyone else upset by this , or is it just me???

Well, after looking for a gas station that doesnt sell Ethanol blended fuel I finally found one. The Chevron in town sells pure gasoline!!! YAY!! ..........Well they did, yesterday they switched to 10% blend:confused:confused:confused. I was told that everyone will be selling that crap soon!!! Is anyone else upset by this , or is it just me???

:w

All the pumps here in Amarillo that I'm aware of say something like "Could Contain Up To 10% Ethanol" One of my nieghbors is a Petroleum Engineer for BP and he told me there are only a hand full of stations here in Amarillo that are actually using the "Ethanol Blend" ... some of the Shell Stations ;)

I look at all these GasCorn Plants kind of like back in the 1950's when every town had a Hay Mill that made pellets out of alfalfa, notice all of those are gone now :chuckle ;) Me thinks this Kind of like the Farmers Dot Com explosion of early 2000's .. IT'S ALL FLUFF AND NO SUBSTANCE!! ;) imho

Bud

If the stations would give full disclosure of contents, some of them would post the tank may have up to "x percent of water".
Does the ethanol hurt the engine at all? I have heard different stories.

Most areas have had 10% ethanol in their gas for over twenty years, especially in the EPA-mandated "summer blend" - it's nothing new. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom