Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another one bites the dust....

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Corvette crashes into Infiniti, wetlands

By JON CASSIDY
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
Published: Feb. 24, 2010
Updated: 8:00 a.m.

HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – A Corvette driver who rear-ended an Infinti G35 Tuesday night, sending both cars into the Bolsa Chica wetlands, had to be rescued from his car, and was later arrested, police said.

Melvin Brown, 52, of Garden Grove, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.

The Infiniti driver - Alfredo Garcia, 29, of Huntington Beach - was taken to the hospital with complaints of pain.

Around 10:15 p.m., Brown was driving his brand-new Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 west on Pacific Coast Highway, weaving in and out of traffic at around 150 mph, police said.

Full Story: Corvette crashes into Infiniti, wetlands | corvette, police, brown - News - The Orange County Register

• Admin
I'm not familiar with the ZR-"eye" model. I'll have to see if I can find it in the Model Section. :chuckle

Whadda idjit. <-- the driver, not the reporter.:thumb

• Admin
Look at the roof and the wheels of the car being pulled out of the swamp. Look at the wheels and roof of a ZR1. ;)

It has the targa top and wheels of a base model.

I'm not familiar with the ZR-"eye" model
Me neither. Reporters may or may not know even reporting, of late, not even background journalism.

Lol, I saw it right away, it is definately not a ZR1. Targa top, base C6 wheels, and no wide body.
I agree.

Hmmm, a motor for sale soon????? I hate seeing the marque known this way, but there seems no shortage of Vipers, Ferraris and Corvettes, bought by those who can afford to write the check, but not with the brains to learn how to drive them..... kinda like airplanes, as it were.

Says a lot for the safety of the 'Vette (and the Infinity) though. An offset frontal impact at over 100mph, and both drivers walk (ok, carried) away with "non-life threatening injuries."

:thumb Jason

Look at the roof and the wheels of the car being pulled out of the swamp. Look at the wheels and roof of a ZR1. ;)

I can't see the difference you mention Rob, but if I'm not mistaken, when looking at the front of the wreaked Corvette, I don't see the supercharger or the intake on the hood. Does anyone else see what i'm talking about? No matter what, I'd love to own a ZR1 and it makes me sick to see one of these beauties lost to just plain stupid acts by a idiot. Hope he has to walk for the rest of his life. Sh*&^ad ! :v

I'd bet my right arm that's NOT a ZR1. The body panels are all wrong.

It's certainly not a ZR Aye or a ZR1 but reporters like to embelish the stories when they can.

Correct!!! As an example, just look at how they embellished the candicacy of that neighborhood organizer from Chicago (or was it, Hawaii, eh, er, Kenya?). Whatever!

I'm not familiar with the ZR-"eye" model. I'll have to see if I can find it in the Model Section. :chuckle

Whadda idjit. <-- the driver, not the reporter.:thumb

Reporter is an idiot for mistaking base c6 for "zri." Driver: stupid is as stupid does.

This is all much ado about nothing. It was an inaccurate detail;shrug that was probably caught by most people that cared either way.

Reporter is an idiot for mistaking base c6 for "zri." Driver: stupid is as stupid does.

Reporter missed on another issue. ACCIDENT, -Absolutely not !- gross misuse of the word. How about attempted murder or similar? Driver makes you just as dead as if shot by a traditional killer. These morons tend to give us all a bad image. Hopefully that was his last Vet.

In one of the comments writer says it was a stock 2004 corvette.
Still wrong. One of the photos shows c6 headlights; no popups. Not that it really matters; point is that vette driver gives us a bad name for his idiotic behavior. :mad

Like John Wayne said, "Life is tough, it's a lot tougher if your stupid".

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom