Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Antenna problems.

reefdiver

Corvette
1994 arctic white coupe
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but I have a cardiologist appt soon and not enough time to search for the thread. I started the car up - noticed that the radio did not come on - backed it out of the garage - radio came on. Went a very short distance - shut it down. When I went to start the car again - no radio - antenna will not go up. Looks like either the motor, or something else is wrong with the antenna. Any suggestions on where to look first? Do you guys (and or gals) think the antenna motor is the culprit? Anything else I should check out before trying to find a new antenna motor? Help...Carlisle is only a day away and I really don't want to have to sing to myself the whole way there. You've never heard me sing !!!:eyerole

Put your ear next to the antenna...have someone turn the radio on...if you hear the motor and no antenna moving up... Click Here

Well, here's the latest on the antenna. I started the car and drove to Dr appt, antenna did not go up. After leaving the Dr office, antenna came up and all was good. Stopped at several different places, and shut car off. Upon starting, the antenna came up every time. Do you think the antenna motor is on it's way out, or did I maybe just have a few little gremlins playing jokes on me when it would not go up? I'm open for any suggestions.

It could be a bad relay contact on the antenna motor, it may be the Vettes way of telling you to drive it more often.:L

If the radio comes on, but the antenna coesn't come up then it's the relay of a poor brush contact on the motor.
If the radio also doesn't come on, then it's a bad on/off switch on the radio.

I'm starting to think you guys who say to drive it more often are right. It's been working just fine ever since I posted about the problem. Guess the gremlins got tired of making it stay in the down position. The really good news is I won't have to sing on the way to Carlisle. My daughter will be very happy about that !! ;LOL Hope to see some of you this weekend in Carlisle. :w

Possibly the relay. The Ground comes around the passenger side rear and "makes" the hatch release assy. a ground point. Check for a loose connection to ground there. The relay for the antenna should be back up in there under the lip wrapped in a foam sleeve.

If its working now could be just dirty contacts and the vibration from driving around reconnected them.

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom