Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Antique Corvette stolen from local motel parking lot

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Antique Corvette stolen from local motel parking lot

BY CHRIS BRIDGES, MainStreetNews.com

Banks County, Georgia
- A Florida man arrived in Banks County late last week with a prize antique Corvette, but someone decided to help themselves to the classic car valued at more than $100,000.

Banks County sheriff Charles Chapman said his office received a call early Saturday morning from a guest at the Hampton Inn who went outside at approximately 7 a.m. and noticed his truck and the trailer which contained the 1965 Corvette gone. The man was driving a 1983 Chevrolet truck and pulled an enclosed trailer with the Corvette inside.

Everything together was valued at $121,000 although the Corvette accounted for the bulk of that amount. The man was able to give the license plate numbers and identification numbers for the missing vehicles.

Alerts were put out immediately for the missing truck, trailer and Corvette, Chapman said, although nothing has materialized at this point.

The sheriff said theft of vehicles during the Super Chevy Show has become a problem in recent years. He noted several of the vehicles have been recovered.

Anyone with any information concerning this theft is asked to contact the sheriff’s office at 706-677-2248.

That has got to be sad. I hope they find the 65 Corvette in one piece. :ugh

Car thiefs are like horse thiefs 100 years ago and should be treated as such.

• Admin
Vintage Corvette recovered in Rockdale County

BY CHRIS BRIDGES
MainStreetNews.com

A Florida man will have his 1965 Corvette returned to him.

Authorities in Rockdale County discovered the stolen vehicle last week and currently have the classic car impounded. It will be returned to owner Paul Smith who had the vehicle stolen while he was in Banks County for the Super Chevy Show at Atlanta Dragway.

The Corvette, which is valued at well over $100,000, was reported stolen the morning after Smith arrived in Banks County from Florida. He discovered the Corvette, along with the truck and trailer he used to transport it, all stolen from a local motel parking lot.

The truck, a 1983 Chevrolet that Smith also purchased when it was new, is still missing. Family members say Smith would also like to recover the truck, since it has sentimental value even though its monetary value is not as high as the Corvette.

The trailer is also still missing.

Banks County sheriff Charles Chapman, who has been in contact with Rockdale County law enforcement officials, said the Corvette has not been damaged and is still “in mint condition.”

The car was impounded since officials suspect it may have been used in the commission of a home invasion in Rockdale County.

I have an offer from a lady in the northwest who wants to sell me a coupe for $5000. I'm currently searching stolen car posts for vin numbers.

If you need me to check anything out, let me know.

Jim

She (the email address is a lady's name) asked me to put money in her yahoo dealer account and then she would ship the car to me (extra$).

I replied that if she would tell me where the car is and give me the vin, I would show up on her doorstep with a temporary plate, insurance, and a cashier's check she could have as soon as I matched the vin on the title to the body and frame.

I haven't gotten a reply.....:chuckle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom