Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Any C3s with 235/60R15? (pics or opinions..)

I went with the Firestones

Thanks for all the posts. I am a little surprised with my decision. I ended up buying 235/60R15 Firestone Indy 500s.

I was initially put off by the Indy 500 logo, but it grew on me. The low price and good reviews on TireRack helped seal the deal.

I started to get nervous that I would want to move up to 17" rims within a few years, so I went with the cheaper Firestones vs the Michelins. I also thought that the white letters fit the style of the car with ralleye rims.

They look pretty narrow on my garage floor. They haven't been mounted yet. I am hoping that the 8" wide ralleye's spread the tread a little.

I spent 3.5 hours last Sunday sandblasting the ralleye rims. Boy that was fun. Sand in my ears, hair, every pocket... I am glad that is done. I am a few coats of paint and a trip to the tire shop from having new shoes on the car. I am pretty excited.

Thanks again for all the advice.

- Sean

Smitty1970 said:
Thanks for all the posts. I am a little surprised with my decision. I ended up buying 235/60R15 Firestone Indy 500s.

I was initially put off by the Indy 500 logo, but it grew on me. The low price and good reviews on TireRack helped seal the deal.

I started to get nervous that I would want to move up to 17" rims within a few years, so I went with the cheaper Firestones vs the Michelins. I also thought that the white letters fit the style of the car with ralleye rims.

They look pretty narrow on my garage floor. They haven't been mounted yet. I am hoping that the 8" wide ralleye's spread the tread a little.

I spent 3.5 hours last Sunday sandblasting the ralleye rims. Boy that was fun. Sand in my ears, hair, every pocket... I am glad that is done. I am a few coats of paint and a trip to the tire shop from having new shoes on the car. I am pretty excited.

Thanks again for all the advice.

- Sean

Sean, you're gonna be really pleased with this decision. I too went from the wide Goodyear GT+4's last year (there's a thread in here somewhere), to the Firestones that you just purchased. I too had reservations about the logo, and wondered if there was just a little too much white/raised lettering on the tire, but since I've had them put on I love the handling and the looks.

I saved the Goodyears, and they're still mounted just in case I wanted to switch back, but it's not happening. The Firestones are MUCH more quiet, better handling, and I get more compliments on the tires than you can shake a stick at. You're gonna love them!

Here you go...see sig for tire sizes..

RFSVetteForumPic3.jpg

I have P235/60R15's on my stock Ralley Wheels and they fix and look great. The tires are kind of cheap but were brand new when i got the car so the are low on the list to replace but I will go with the same size for sure. 1976 L48

I Have

I just mounted 255/60/15's on my rally's and love them. They look great and no rub issues with the front wheels.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom