Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Any other '63 "pilot line" owners out there?

At one time I had 3 of the 63 SWC a silver over dark blue 4spd NOM, a tan on tan 4speed # matching and a red on red auto # matching. Had a blue on blue a while ago # matching but I will be getting another one. There is just something about the SWC that keep drawing me back to them.

At one time I had 3 of the 63 SWC a silver over dark blue 4spd NOM, a tan on tan 4speed # matching and a red on red auto # matching. Had a blue on blue a while ago # matching but I will be getting another one. There is just something about the SWC that keep drawing me back to them.

Mike,
They are certainly addictive. What were the VIN numbers of yours? I posted on this site (which is awesome by the way) because I am looking for others who have one of the first 25 to see what unique things they have come across. Also, any other information people want to share. I am just in the beginning stages of doing a history on our car and wanting to learn all I can on the way.

Vin # were, last 6 # 115756, a May 22nd car
one was built Dec 22 of 1962 # 102104
one was an April Car and one was a June car. Can't find the Vin # on them right now.

Mike,
They are certainly addictive. What were the VIN numbers of yours? I posted on this site (which is awesome by the way) because I am looking for others who have one of the first 25 to see what unique things they have come across. Also, any other information people want to share. I am just in the beginning stages of doing a history on our car and wanting to learn all I can on the way.

There is supposed to be one on display at the Winter Regional in January. The owner contacted us and wanted to know if we would be interested in having it there for dispaly and we said WHY YES.

Tyler

Have you registered on the Corvette Forum yet with your question? There may be someone there as well, that can help you. More irons in the fire, so to speak.

I worked on a pilot car a few years ago. We did a strip and repaint on it, think it was #15. I'd have to go back and find some info on it to be sure. It was red/red convertible w/ a white top. Corvette Enthusiast did an article on the car, but I can't remember the month/year.

Have you registered on the Corvette Forum yet with your question? There may be someone there as well, that can help you. More irons in the fire, so to speak.

I registered for membership to NCRS yesterday but haven't posted to the forum. I plan on buying Nolan Adams Restoration book. I heard there was information on the pilot cars in there. I also might register in on C2registry.org but there is NO action on their forums.
My husband has owned this car for 32 years so he's found out alot about it. Having restored, bought and sold many corvettes in the past he is very knowledgeable. Fortunetly he kept this one. It might just be the oldest in existance.
Right now I am tracing prior owners. Not to easy now that the DMV can't disclose names and address and not keeping records from the past sure hurts.

I worked on a pilot car a few years ago. We did a strip and repaint on it, think it was #15. I'd have to go back and find some info on it to be sure. It was red/red convertible w/ a white top. Corvette Enthusiast did an article on the car, but I can't remember the month/year.

I'll have to look into finding that article.
I spoke with Tom Benford a couple weeks ago. He said if I got through the history/documentation (we want to know who ownded it right out of GM) he would see about doing an article in Corvette Fever.

Yup, I remember working on that one at Jerry's after you and John completed the body and paint work - back in 2004 or so. :)

Yup, I remember working on that one at Jerry's after you and John completed the body and paint work - back in 2004 or so. :)
That's the one. I have a couple of other pics of it up on our website too. I've been trying to find the article on that car for a while now. I know I read it when it first came out, but haven't been able to find it since.

I registered for membership to NCRS yesterday but haven't posted to the forum. I plan on buying Nolan Adams Restoration book. I heard there was information on the pilot cars in there. I also might register in on C2registry.org but there is NO action on their forums.
My husband has owned this car for 32 years so he's found out alot about it. Having restored, bought and sold many corvettes in the past he is very knowledgeable. Fortunetly he kept this one. It might just be the oldest in existance.
Right now I am tracing prior owners. Not to easy now that the DMV can't disclose names and address and not keeping records from the past sure hurts.

If you can come to the NCRS Winter Regional in January I believe it would be worth the time and trouble. The owner of 53 s/n 150 and 29 have been through a great deal work getting the original documentation on the 53s and their experiences with the DMVs in several states would help you understand how they work and how one can get the older documentation. In addition Tim will be there as will the owner of the 63 comming for display.

http://ncrsfl.org/Events/32ndRegional/Reg2010.pdf

Tyler

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom