Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Any TPI Experts out there?

terrykrueger

Corvette
1987 Not a Sh*tbox anymore
OK so my 87 L-98 ran the same since I've had it - a bit of a rough idle, but otherwise flawless. Did plugs, cap wires, rotor, PCV, and fuel filter. Still a bit of a rough idle. Went to clean my fuel injectors (canister) and mimicked the fuel pressure on the vehicle (it was in the normal range although I don't remember exactly where - low 40's?)
Anyhow whn cleaning I thought - "I wonder what would happen if I gave it a few more PSI" then it ran so smooth it was like a hybrid at a stop light. After that - back to normal. Any thoughts?

So it ran smooth for a while, and then without changing the fuel pressure it started running rough again? What kind of adjustable fuel pressure regulator do you have, and how did you set it? Also might want to check the condition of the vacuum lines in that area, to the regulator.

Actually I was using a canister to clean the fuel injectors. You set the air pressure at whatever your fuel pressure is and then it emulates the fuel pump/regulator. So when you turn the air pressure up a couple of pounds its 'like' haveing an adjustable regulator (until you take off the canister and drive away)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom