Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Anybody have excessive creaking noise from suspension during low speed maneuvers

Rookie Vette owner

Corvette
1973 Blue Coupe
When ever I go over speed bumps I hear the front suspension popping and groaning, and when a I take a slow speed turn in a parking lot, I get loud creaking from the rear suspension (rear spring is only about 4 years old). Are there any lubrication points that might lessen this? Or is this possibly something bigger than just a squeak? Anyone else have similar problems?

Try lubing your front and rear sway bar bushings first. Cheap and easy to do.

Either your anti-sway bars are too tight or dry, ot you could benefit from a tunnel reinforcement plate.

Try lubing your front and rear sway bar bushings first. Cheap and easy to do.

My car does this too (2000 coupe). Can you refer me to a web page with instructions or pictures of how to do this properly or should it be performed by a mechanic?
Thanks,
Mike

Here's one that I found using the search function.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96351

See GMJunkie's post #8

Yes, that is the best one. If you don't cut grooves in the bushings like Junk advises (not everyone has access to a dremel tool), then the lube will be forced out over time and you will need to lube them again, which is no big deal as it is easy to do. Completely removing the bushings and lubing them with a quality moly grease will verify the repair, with or without the grooves being cut into the bushings.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom