Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone drive their C4 every day?

vette1_15_6-02.jpg
1989 BLOWNCONV VETTE said:
I wanted to see if anyone drove their C4 every day and how it is holding up.

only out in winter for pictures,unless sunny sky,dry roads,can't hold her back!!

I've mostly been driving the '96 since I bought it 3 months ago, but I drive one or the other any and every chance I get.

One of the advantages of storing the cars 5 months out of the year I get that same feeling every spring the day I take them out of storage as the first day I brought them home!
Its like getting new vettes every spring!
:rotfl

I drive mine everyday unless there's ice or snow on the ground.(lately I've kept in the garage due to the "flooding" type of rain we've had here),otherwise, heck ya! it's got 130,000.mi and counting,didn't buy it to see it sitting in the garage!! DRIVE THEM:D

I work at home so I don't drive ANYTHING every day, but when I do go somewhere it's in my Vette unless I need my pickup to haul something.

Have a great day,

I drive it everyday.... the odometer is at 178,000 no major problems yet...

Everyday

Drive my 6spd every day. Just replaced the radiator, wp, opti (sealed it and modified it with a vacuum line), plugs, wires, and cleaned the TB. She runs just like new. Steady idle and responsive!

The nice thing about Colorado Springs is that I can drive the Vette almost every day. I don't take it out on really bad days but that's cause I don't trust the other drivers. We've got too many kids in jacked up 4 X 4's that just can't seem to understand black ice

Hi there drive 1993 Ruby Baby every day --no matter what the weather---she runs like a well tuned clock with over 150k miles. I fiquire if you got one you got to drive one!!!!! This is my 4th ---'97,'99'and a '78--loved them all for different reasons!

I drive mine everyday here in sunny San Diego Claifornia and love it.

I don't....weather in winter not good. Every 3 or 4 weeks in the winter on a nice day I'll fire it up and take it out. Knowing it's there and ready when I am is just as exciting. Spring, Summer and Fall is different.

Mine is waiting in the garage for Spring, it quivers every time I walk by it. I'm trying to find out how long I'll have to wait after double knee replacement in March to drive it again. It's hard enough to get in and out of a C4 with good knees!

87,000 miles, driven everyday, and three days a week, 83 miles round trip to work. Holding up great, new water pump installed this year. I don't run fluid through the throttle body, as you have to wait for a cold night in January to get temperatures below 60 degrees.

I'd like to see a show were C4's compete in mileage classes. Compared to lower mileage vettes, mine has daily driver scars, but for a 12 year old with 87K, its in great shape.

I bought my 86 with 70K on it in 2003. I drive it every day
to work and have only been caught driving in the rain 3 times.:D

Not me - but my bro...

My brother Tim, who I credit for getting me into this sickness, drives his 85 4+3 bored over rocket ship to work every day - and I mean every day...snow, rain, whatever in Central New Jersey. It has over 160K on it and he just keeps putting gas in it...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom