Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone familiar with "Performance Products" parts? Need a TB for my 85

OSU-VETTE

Corvette
1985 Z51, Black with Purple Accents
Was wondering if anyone has any experience with this manufacturer, their parts are about half the other aftermarket throttle body costs, let me know if you have heard of them and any thoughts on the quality.

I plan to order a replacement TB for my 85, I managed to break off the IAC when trying to remove it, 25 years is a long time to be in a piece of aluminum; needed a new one anyone, the bearings are shot in mine.

I can't say that I have had any experience with them. I'm pretty sure I paid close to 300 for my BBK 52mm from summit.

Isn't the IAC housing plastic? You should be able even if aluminum to get a new one.

I don't know where the bearings are in a TB. I think only thing that wears out is the butterfly shaft. Is yours loose in the bore?

Yes, the shaft bearings are worn, I have to butterfly the accelerator to drop the idle down, been that way for 7 years since I bought it.

I found one at CNC Motorsports in South Dakota for $161 and they shipped it 2 days for $20, includes an air foil so I ordered it yesterday. Hopefully the quality is good, when I asked about the price delta between them and Holly/Edelbrock, I was told they are the same, they just build them in China. We will see. For the price it included all new bolts and gaskets as well.

I will take some pictures when I get it, the old one has the aluminum IAC valve stuck in it after I snapped it off and machining it out was too costly considering the replacement was so inexpensive.

Here is the link:

http://www.cnc-motorsports.com/product.asp?ProdID=22863

Appreciate the link, will need to put my comments in once I get the part and ensure it is correct. One of the reasons I looked them up was they are selling on eBay, have over 25k in feedback and very little negative, most of it whining IMO. When I spoke with one of the reps, he personally checked to ensure it was in stock and got a price to send it 2nd day air for $20, they could have said forget it or jacked up the price. Gave me a good feeling.

Good luck with the purchase. Be sure to let us all know how it worked out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom