Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone have any spare A/C lines for a 69 to 73?

Sting Ray

Corvette
1967 Red Convertible
I need the metal ones that go from the drier to the condensor.

Tom MCcabe

Call 1-904-269-0600 during business hours Eastern Standard time and ask for Wade. He should have these for you. His shop is not far from where I live, so I would be happy to run out and look at them before you make a deal.

Good luck.

air cinditioning lines

mooseman here ; ... sir the lines you are looking for are not just common to corvettes any rad shop can produce these lines if you can-nt find them on the G.M. Shelf just make sure the ends are compatable and the length is at least the same length or greater I am doing a 59 vette and using the A/C complete from a 75 caprice brougham. First thing I would do would be to take your line both ends and go to either a dismantler (auto Wreckers) or a reputable rad shop, after I checked with my local G.M. SHOP its amasing what a good counter man can do for you. We find the best shop in our area is the Pontiac dealer great counterman. Have a great day MOOSEMAN......ps...also check with the rad shop as to what chemical can leagally be put in you A/C unit You may have to change a few seals to be compatable.and hes the man to do that job

Mooseman, hey you are just across the border.

Tom

Re: air cinditioning lines

wayne said:
I am doing a 59 vette and using the A/C complete from a 75 caprice brougham.

What made you choose the caprice a/c system?

How much of it is the stock caprice, and how much have you had to custom fabricate?

air

i Used the caprice because i Had one that we were dismantling it was a big block 454 so none of the brackets would fit, what we used was everything from under the hood and one of my friends had a 4 outlet thing that goes under the dash in a 557/58/59 Ford we are trying to find a place to hang this outfid job not complete..At present we are thinking of insulating the lines and putting this piece in the trunk???????MOOSEMAN

border

stingray 66 yes i am just over the border almost to the city of KINGSTON where are You

I live about a half hour from Ogdensburg in a town clled Potsdam.

Tom

Re: air

wayne said:
i Used the caprice because i Had one that we were dismantling it was a big block 454 so none of the brackets would fit, what we used was everything from under the hood and one of my friends had a 4 outlet thing that goes under the dash in a 557/58/59 Ford we are trying to find a place to hang this outfid job not complete..At present we are thinking of insulating the lines and putting this piece in the trunk???????MOOSEMAN

Sounds like you are making the best out of some good things you already have. This should save you a lot of money and provide hours of fun---and hopefully some frosty cold air.

I actually have an entire a/c system from a 1992-1994 Geo Metro. It is a complete stand alone unit installed after market in these cars. In fact, all the ducts are cable operated and the system is very light weight and durable. My last GEO had 100,000 miles before meeting its demise in a terrible accident. However, even after the collision the a/c still worked!

Anyway, I got a complete system including cooling fan, condenser, lines, compressor, underdash unit, blower motor, control head, and cables for $50 from the local salvage yard. I was so excited as it is so compact and durable. However, it would not fit in my car by about 3" on the driver side.

I really think it would fit in a C1 or C2. It is made by a company in Texas for the Metro and other small cars like that. The nice thing is, there is no firewall compenent as all fits under the dash.

I eventually did the research, broke down and spent the bucks on a complete Vintage Air Gen II compact system. I think I will still be under $1,500 complete.

I would like to see some pictures of your install.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom