Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

anyone know the tune on a z-industries prom ?

J

jonszr1

I just bought another z .It has a z-industries prom in it . does anyone know what is altered in it .? the car is stk except for a borla ex and one of their intake boxes that grab air from the rad duct. I have tried to contact them but no answer to my emails

I just bought another z .It has a z-industries prom in it . does anyone know what is altered in it .? the car is stk except for a borla ex and one of their intake boxes that grab air from the rad duct. I have tried to contact them but no answer to my emails

Very likely just WOT VE and Spark. Most tuners don't play with part throttle. Requires too much trial and error.

I have Z-Industries cal in my 95. The engine has run very well since I intstalled it in the late 90s. Back then, I tested it against three other cals, and the Z-Industries calibration made the most power at WOT, by a small margin.

Typically, on a cal for a stock or near stock engine with exhaust, Ron Zimmer will not add fuel and may actually lean it at WOT a bit. Spark tables will also not be changed much as the OE timing is pretty good. Zimmer does change KR strategy to take less spark out and bring it back in sooner. He lowers the fan-ons, disables skip shift. Additionally, some Z-Industries cals set the valet key default to "on" and have the idle speed up around 700 or so.

Generally, Z-Industries cals are pretty good for a stock, near stock engine and, even, engines which are fairly modified, however, Ron has not done a lot of recent development with the LT5.

I think the guy who currently has the best calibrations--mainly because he runs an on-going development program--is Marc Haibeck. He's one of the "tuners" who does have cals with altered spark strategy at part throttle.

...I think the guy who currently has the best calibrations--mainly because he runs an on-going development program--is Marc Haibeck. He's one of the "tuners" who does have cals with altered spark strategy at part throttle.

:confusedI was just at Marc's place today and discussed this very topic. Unless I misunderstood, I don't think Marc tunes for part throttle. And again, any tune for part throttle couldn't be a "generic" one especially for the configurations of motors Marc puts together or works on.

hib, do you think zimmer would still be interestedin tuneing a zr1?

hib, do you think zimmer would still be interestedin tuneing a zr1?

The last time I spoke to Ron about LT5 cals was about a year ago. At that time, he told me the LT5 was the only engine using "chip" cals (as opposed to cals which go in flash proms) he still does. Zimmer is always busy because of a thriving business working on cals for newer GM stuff. Unfortunately, this makes him sometimes slow to respond.

I'd try emailing him at: remmizr@aol.com and/or calling him at: 951.303.6857

If you call and get voice mail, make sure you tell him in the VME that I suggested you call.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom