Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Anyone with input appreciated...

V

VetteGal

I have a mn6 '06 C6 and have the following mods: moderate cam, long tube headers, h/f cats, FAST and LPE intakes, and the borla stingers exhaust. I have had these stingers for a number of months now and it seems that they get louder. It is not necessarily about the drone but the car is just loud all the time. I am thinking of doing the borla touring but wanted some input before making this decision. I know the headers, cats, and cam affect exhaust sound but I am thinking the touring exhaust may quiet it down a bit. Thoughts?? Thanks.

HI there,
It is true that the touring mufflers will assist in the resonance at highway speeds.
And the fact that Stingers have no baffling to really speak of, this will assist you.
However, as you alluded to, its NOT going to be perfect, just a little better then with the Stingers.
Allthebest, :bang

Thanks. I will just be happy if I can cruise in relative peace. I was wondering at one point if I had a hole in the exhaust or something. Anyway, I have the Borla touring on the way and will find out Monday if it is going to do the trick. I don't want a totally silent car but I can't have a decent conversation in it the way it is now. Thanks again for your input.

Vettegal

Good luck with the new Borla Touring... once they're installed please post an update and let us know your impressions of them.

:w Jane Ann

I will let you know Monday afternoon. Thanks.

Borla Stingers here w/Kooks lt's and high flow cats, car is wicked loud when you stand on it. I didn't think any exhaust could be as loud as my ZR1's w/Brian A's headers and Flowmasters outback w/no cats but this system takes the cake for hell raising. I might have to change out to Corsa Sports to get away from the drone between 1,800 and 2,000 rpm in 6th gear. The good news is, lots of people are looking for used Stingers. :hb

I am running the Corsa Sport. I tried the touring but just too quiet. The sport seems to do well for me. No drone and when I stand on the go fast pedal I can actually hear the car's exhaust.

I am running the Corsa Sport. I tried the touring but just too quiet. The sport seems to do well for me. No drone and when I stand on the go fast pedal I can actually hear the car's exhaust.

Karl are you running lt's ahead of you Corsa Sports? I am seriously contemplating putting the Borla Stingers on the block for sale and switching to the Corsa Sports. I don't mind the sound excellerating, but can't handle the drone. They were fine before the lt's were installed. :confused

Not yet.

Factory exhaust valves

What about taking the mufflers off one of those loud cat-back exhaust systems and substituting (welding) the factory mufflers back on, with a switch on the valves so it will be loud when you want and quiet when you want?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom