Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Are front seats interchangable?

Phil

Corvette
2003 Torch Red Z06
I just pulled out my driver's seat to get repaired and I was wondering if I could put the passanger seat in its place? Any thoughts?

Phil

The seat inserts can be swapped from side to side easily. The seat bottom has a spring clip at the very front of the plastic seat frame. Put your hand at the bottom center of the plastic frame and you will feel a piece of steel rod about 4 inches long. Push down on the front part of the seat cushion and push the steel rod down. Then just lift up on the cushion. Then do the same on the other seat.

The seat backs work the same way except there are two clips on each side of the plastic seat back that holds the cushion. The upper one is about 6" down from the top and the lower one is about the same distance from the bottom.

If you put your hand in between the seat back and the cushion at the bottom of the headreat portion and push toward the center, you should see the clip and the metal u-shaped rod in the cushion. It takes some effort to pop the rod out of the clip. If you pop the rod from the clip from the door side of the seat cushion, you can just pull the cushion out from the inside clips.

With the cushions out you can easily clean up everything and maybe find years worth of pocket change!!

c4cruiser,

Thanks for your response.

What about the seat frames? Are they interchangable?

Phil

I did it with no problem. Rode around like that for a while too. :D

I swapped seats on my 85 just to get the worn drivers seat onto the less used passenger side.

No problems at all!!!!

Ron ... :beer

The seats themselves are basically the same, I reupholstered the passenger seat first, put it on the drivers track. Then redid the drivers seat and put it on the passenger track, still there now, you'd never know.

Phil said:
c4cruiser,

Thanks for your response.

What about the seat frames? Are they interchangable?

Phil
The seat "frames" are really two separate components. Once you remove the seat bottom cushion, you will see the plastic seat frame. There are 4 bolts that hold this part to the seat base which is has the adjusting track. The plastic frame has the lever that adjusts the angle of the seat back and it is on the door side of the frame. So these pieces are not really interchangable. The seat backs should be interchangable from side to side. Remove the 4 bolts at the bottom of the seat back and the cable to the release lever at the top of the seat back.

The steel bases would be the same if you had the passenger sizd power seat. The driver's side power seat was standard and the pass side was an option.

my 93 has dual power seats.could not change the frames or the power bases.they are offset.ended up just changing the cushions.and that was all i wanted.that is the best and suprising easy route.

In my 90, I switched the complete seat from side to side with no problem at all. both are pover SPORT seats,they are the same!!!!:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom