Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Are There 4 Or 5 Vacuum Line Connections ?

jeffn

Corvette
79' Black Coupe
There are 5 stems but only 4 have vacuum lines hooked up.One is empty and seems to be begging for a line.There are no extra lines laying around under the console , so is it possible it's just an extra stem?...I have the part to change it out because the top A/C lever jams when the little white piece springs out of place. I can get it back into position wit the the gentle persuasion of a flat head screwdriver......I can't wait until my '79 GM shop manual gets here!!!..Any day now.;shrug

Well I changed out the switch control(under the console)and everything works perfectly.That empty 5th vacuum port has still got me wondering though.Why would they put one there if it wasn't to be used?....Oh well that's a rhetorical question. Everything is fine with the a/c,heater , vent, etc....Now I'm just waiting for the Antenna band (with CB)to arrive.....The antenna assembly is out and waiting as are the speakers.Man...they are shot! ..Check out the picture.:D

The 5th port isn't used on the heater vacuum switch according to the shop manual that came in the mail today ..........Happy days!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom