Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

:):) Are these cars the balls or what? :):)

L

LT4SilverEagle

Let the love-fest begin.....

This is my first Corvette and wisely listened to sage advise and waited 6 months for an LT4 to come along. Glad I did - what a ride!!
Anyone else as smitten by their baby as I am? ( I know I'm a little over the top, but WOW!!)

:):):):):):):)

G

gsvette321

I enjoy driving my Grand Sport much more than the ZR-1, or the big block. The smooth, wide power band is awesome.:p

twiget

Corvette
In the market
QUOTE]Originally posted by gsvette321
I enjoy driving my Grand Sport much more than the ZR-1, or the big block. The smooth, wide power band is awesome.:p [/QUOTE]

I've never driven a ZR-1 or a BB Shark (Hint, Hint:D) But I have to agree. My GS is by far the most fun to drive of any Vette I have driven. And the looks! The jaws that drop to the floorboard as I drive by, you dont get that with a ZR-1!:)

Jason

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
You do when you step on the throttle and those secondaries open up. :D :D :D

Way back in 1990....I remember reading somewhere that a GM Powertrain or Corvette Development engineer was quoted in a magazine as stating that one of the sweetest sounds he had ever heard was a ZR-1 flying by him on a racetrack at WOT. :D

Who needs fancy paint...... LOL

(Ok...I admit....I wish Chevrolet did the same kind of cool paint job for the ZR-1 that they did for the GS...I am jealous. :) )

twiget

Corvette
In the market
Originally posted by Rob
(Ok...I admit....I wish Chevrolet did the same kind of cool paint job for the ZR-1 that they did for the GS...I am jealous.:))

Like I always said. What little the GS lacks in speed, compaired to a ZR-1, Chevy more than made up for in sex appeal!

Jason

S

Spirited79

"I'm in Love with my Car!"

"The Machine of a Dream, such a clean machine." I'm in love with my car, Gotta feel for my automobile"

Can you guess who sang those lyrics? :)

Ya, the LT4 is amazing, but put it into a GS body and you've definitely got eye popping, stop in the middle of the street attention. I drove the LT4 last weekend, what a rush! It was hard to keep it down to acceptable speeds. Too much darn L.A. traffic to really open her up.

That smitten feeling never fades away and I say it's OK to go over the top!! Really it is! ;)

Shay

G

gsvette321

I must agree with Rob. I was working a station at the pony express in 1999 on one long straight. There is no sound sweeter than a ZR-1 at 160+mph.:p

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
gsvette321 said:
...I was working a station at the pony express in 1999 on one long straight. There is no sound sweeter than a ZR-1 at 160+mph. :p

gsvette, what's involved with working a station, and how did you get the opportunity?

Ken

G

gsvette321

1987 Z51 said:

gsvette, what's involved with working a station, and how did you get the opportunity?

Ken

Just show up the day before the event. They need a couple hundred volunteers as there are about 90 stations along the route. They have to station someone at every possible entry to the highway.

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
gsvette321 said:

Just show up the day before the event. They need a couple hundred volunteers as there are about 90 stations along the route. They have to station someone at every possible entry to the highway.

:cool: I'll hafta keep that in mind. Vicarious pleasure, ya know? Maybe it'll give me incentive to run it someday. ;)

Ken

JT ZR-Won

Corvette
'90 ZR-1 #365 (SOLD...but Dad's got it now)
I think they all sound great........especially with headers & exhaust:D

Hutch

Corvette
Two 96 Grand Sports - coupe #633 & convert #707
Nothing sounds better than a ZR-1 at full tilt boogie! I go to Skeeterfest (a southeastern ZR-1 get together for those that don't know) every year as the token "Skunk" for the sole purpose of driving through the countryside with a couple dozen LT5's. That's one caravan for which I always volunteer to take up the rear. That's the sweet spot for that awesome sound!

But all that being said, you note what cars *I* drive!

There ain't nothin' this side of a Snake that has the overall sex appeal, head turning power, and level of performance that the Grand Sport has. You have to spend a heck of a lot more to equal it, IMHO.

But a very close second is the 96 LT4 Collector (particularly a drop top with red guts) and of course, any LT4 Corvette is a hoot!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom