Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

:):) Are these cars the balls or what? :):)

L

LT4SilverEagle

Let the love-fest begin.....

This is my first Corvette and wisely listened to sage advise and waited 6 months for an LT4 to come along. Glad I did - what a ride!!
Anyone else as smitten by their baby as I am? ( I know I'm a little over the top, but WOW!!)

:):):):):):):)

I enjoy driving my Grand Sport much more than the ZR-1, or the big block. The smooth, wide power band is awesome.:p

QUOTE]Originally posted by gsvette321
I enjoy driving my Grand Sport much more than the ZR-1, or the big block. The smooth, wide power band is awesome.:p [/QUOTE]

I've never driven a ZR-1 or a BB Shark (Hint, Hint:D) But I have to agree. My GS is by far the most fun to drive of any Vette I have driven. And the looks! The jaws that drop to the floorboard as I drive by, you dont get that with a ZR-1!:)

Jason

You do when you step on the throttle and those secondaries open up. :D :D :D

Way back in 1990....I remember reading somewhere that a GM Powertrain or Corvette Development engineer was quoted in a magazine as stating that one of the sweetest sounds he had ever heard was a ZR-1 flying by him on a racetrack at WOT. :D

Who needs fancy paint...... LOL

(Ok...I admit....I wish Chevrolet did the same kind of cool paint job for the ZR-1 that they did for the GS...I am jealous. :) )

Originally posted by Rob
(Ok...I admit....I wish Chevrolet did the same kind of cool paint job for the ZR-1 that they did for the GS...I am jealous.:))

Like I always said. What little the GS lacks in speed, compaired to a ZR-1, Chevy more than made up for in sex appeal!

Jason

"I'm in Love with my Car!"

"The Machine of a Dream, such a clean machine." I'm in love with my car, Gotta feel for my automobile"

Can you guess who sang those lyrics? :)

Ya, the LT4 is amazing, but put it into a GS body and you've definitely got eye popping, stop in the middle of the street attention. I drove the LT4 last weekend, what a rush! It was hard to keep it down to acceptable speeds. Too much darn L.A. traffic to really open her up.

That smitten feeling never fades away and I say it's OK to go over the top!! Really it is! ;)

Shay

I must agree with Rob. I was working a station at the pony express in 1999 on one long straight. There is no sound sweeter than a ZR-1 at 160+mph.:p

gsvette321 said:
...I was working a station at the pony express in 1999 on one long straight. There is no sound sweeter than a ZR-1 at 160+mph. :p

gsvette, what's involved with working a station, and how did you get the opportunity?

Ken

1987 Z51 said:

gsvette, what's involved with working a station, and how did you get the opportunity?

Ken

Just show up the day before the event. They need a couple hundred volunteers as there are about 90 stations along the route. They have to station someone at every possible entry to the highway.

gsvette321 said:

Just show up the day before the event. They need a couple hundred volunteers as there are about 90 stations along the route. They have to station someone at every possible entry to the highway.

:cool: I'll hafta keep that in mind. Vicarious pleasure, ya know? Maybe it'll give me incentive to run it someday. ;)

Ken

Nothing sounds better than a ZR-1 at full tilt boogie! I go to Skeeterfest (a southeastern ZR-1 get together for those that don't know) every year as the token "Skunk" for the sole purpose of driving through the countryside with a couple dozen LT5's. That's one caravan for which I always volunteer to take up the rear. That's the sweet spot for that awesome sound!

But all that being said, you note what cars *I* drive!

There ain't nothin' this side of a Snake that has the overall sex appeal, head turning power, and level of performance that the Grand Sport has. You have to spend a heck of a lot more to equal it, IMHO.

But a very close second is the 96 LT4 Collector (particularly a drop top with red guts) and of course, any LT4 Corvette is a hoot!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom