Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

As Elton J would say--the ***** is back!

TAC

Corvette
1987 Yellow Callaway TT Convertible & 2003 MY Z06
I took my TT to my mechanic and he agreed the fuel pump sounded louder than it has in the past. I also noted that my gas starvation problem didn't seem to be there when the car was cold. So...he pulled the pump and replaced it with a new one from Callaway. Yessirreee Bob, my baby is back. I had the gas down to 3 bars left and went to my favorite curvy hills and didn't get a sputter or hesitation. Back to grip it and rip it and hang on for life!

The new pump is also sooooo quiet. I can barely hear it when I turn on the key, let alone while driving. The old one could be plainly heard while driving...quite amazing considering how loud the car is. Anyway, just glad to have her back... Callaway also claims the new pump clears up the problem of the fuel pickup being uncovered on hard cornering with a low tank. We'll see.

I guess we can't say Boy I ITCH on this forum either!

Tim, you're dating both of us with the Elton John reference... you for using it and me for knowing it! ;)

Glad to hear you finally got that pesky problem resolved and that your baby is :dance and :Roll ing again! :beer

That's awesome that the problem is resolved!! Persistence pays off.

Elton John?? Hmmmm, what about a little Ozzy? "Flying High Again" Rock on!

Happy for you!

Hi TAC,

Glad to see that your problem has been eliminated!

Take care,
Stan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom