Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ash Tray Removal

Joe Vette

Corvette
2005 Lemans Blue Coupe
I put my ring by the lighter in the ash tray area and closed the door. Little did I know that after closing the door a space opens up under the lighter and my ring fell into the console. There's all kinds of places it could be in there. Any ideas to access this area. I was also thinking maybe removing the shift boot.
Thanks.

Ashtray

My Ashtray would not close, the dealer (Stewart Chev. Colma Ca. Mr. Bill Hood) replaced the frame. They got access thru the center console glove box. Good Luck!

Somebody must know how to get into this area. No problem I'll just tell the wife I left my ring at my girlfriend's house cause she sure isn't going to believe this. ;)

it will be easiest to take off the dash cause that whole leads down into the tunnel or the side of the carpeting the console is taken apart like this ive done it about ten time now because i have been testing different shifters for hurst
first open up the console and remove console door just to get it out of your way it has 4 torx screws then remove the to bolt covers in rear of console. then take flat head and stick it under the air bag dummy light i guess is what you would call it at the front of console next to cigerette lighter in the console after that piect is taken off just pull whole switch or disconnect and put that piece to the side. there will be 2 screws and a bolt there to remove thes bolts hold hte back console and the front piece together and the bolt holds the front console in place. now lift up on the ebrake and lift up on cover it should unsnap pretty easily there should be 2 torx on the passenger side right by the carpet take those out then lift up console alittle bit and pull out trim on passenger side you will pull down and back and it should come out easy. then disconnect all electrical from the dash trim like heated seats emergency flashers cigarette lighters etc. also remove shift knob there is a torx on the bottom left hand side that will allow you to remove it. now you can pull off the front or the back console which will allow you to find that ring. might as well get a short shifter and throw it in while you are there just so you dont have to tell the wife you lossed the ring. best of luck its alot of instruction but pretty easy to do. any questions e mail me nickyd83_28@hotmail.com

Thanks Nick,
Paul (C4C5) sent me a drawing for the removal of the console. Doesn't look too hard at all.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom