Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ashtray

D

Doug'sL81

Hello,

I'm in the midst of replacing my shifter trim piece, my ashtray door never closed. I found that I need a spring that attaches to one of the arms of the ashtray lid. I've searched high and low for this spring and I can't find one. Does anyone know where I might find one? Or something I could use to keep the ashtray door closed?

Thanks

Doug

Doug,

You've caught me away from home (where I have my phone numbers, addresses, etc.). But if you'll hit directory assistance for Puyallap, WA and ask for a listing for Pacific Corvettes, you might find that they have the spring you're looking for. They've been good in finding the little parts for my '81. By the way, I think they may also have a location in or near Portland, OR as well. If one doesn't have the spring you might ask for the number for the other location. It's been a couple of months since I tried them but they used to have a toll free number you might ask for for future reference....

Good Luck,

kdlp

I had the same problem. The spring you can find it used from any number of Corvette salvage yards. Nothing available new, that I've found. I just bent the "ears" a little on mine, so it gets a little more friction from the sides(where the pin goes through). So far it has worked for me. Hope this helps.

Ashtray door spring

I too am in need of this SPRING. I'm having a trim shop, Mr. Trim in Downers Grove, IL. fix the tear in the drivers seat and recarpet the interior, and he said, "if you can get that spring, now's the time to do it".
Any new suggestions on locating said piece?
I thought I saw, which now I can't find someone had written they found an inexpensive replacement that had nothing to do w/ vettes? Yes/No? :confused
Thx email me direct at glfblz@earthlink.net Norm

I too am in need of this SPRING. I'm having a trim shop, Mr. Trim in Downers Grove, IL. fix the tear in the drivers seat and recarpet the interior, and he said, "if you can get that spring, now's the time to do it".
Any new suggestions on locating said piece?
I thought I saw, which now I can't find someone had written they found an inexpensive replacement that had nothing to do w/ vettes? Yes/No? :confused
Thx email me direct at glfblz@earthlink.net Norm

Vette2Vette.com they are in streator... thats one suggestion.. Mr.Trim is right on the other side of town from me, they did some work on a 68' impala for my boss.. they did good work.. Good luck..
-=Rick

oops sorry this in an old post..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom