Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! ASR Wont Shut Off?

Bervin91

I have a 94 6 speed car and i cannot seem to get the ASR to turn off. Car runs fine but refuses to spin tires or break traction. I hit the ASR button momentarily after starting it and the "ASR OFF" is illuminated but its still entirely functional. Anytime i accelerate quickly enough in 1st great to break traction its like the engine cuts out and the asr active lights up on the dash. How can I turn it off/disable it even? Thanks in advance.

Have you checked for diagnostic codes?

Jerry

I have a 94 6 speed car and i cannot seem to get the ASR to turn off. Car runs fine but refuses to spin tires or break traction. I hit the ASR button momentarily after starting it and the "ASR OFF" is illuminated but its still entirely functional. Anytime i accelerate quickly enough in 1st great to break traction its like the engine cuts out and the asr active lights up on the dash. How can I turn it off/disable it even? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately i have not. It doesn't show any lights or check engine or anything. Im totally new to these cars. How do you check them?

Ok so i had it scanned with a matco scan tool. Nothing came up, no trouble codes or diagnostic issues whatsoever. Could the actual "asr on/off switch" be bad possibly?

Ok so i had it scanned with a matco scan tool. Nothing came up, no trouble codes or diagnostic issues whatsoever. Could the actual "asr on/off switch" be bad possibly?

Assuming that the scanner will show system status as well, I'd hook the scanner up and see if anything changes when you push the button. Otherwise, I think it's a simple switch. Shop manual will help here with the troubleshooting procedure if you have one. If not it's worth your time and $$$.

Can you short around the switch to test it? Or, better yet, There's one on eBay right now for $28. (Disclaimer: just working the google/eBay--foo not mine, don't know the seller, etc.)

Corvette 1994-96 Headlight Switch w/ Traction and Fog Light in VGC | eBay

Of course, then you're stuck with a part if you don't need it. I have a small collection of parts that I'm hoarding...

Best,
Jerry

Got the new switch installed. However, nothing changed. Same problem. When I hit the switch "ASR OFF" is illuminated but its definitely still on. Something i did recently notice though was that the first couple mins after starting it, it works exactly as it should. I can start the car (turn asr off) and immediately pull out of the driveway and spin tires/do a burnout etc but within about 5 mins later it won't let me anymore. The asr will not stay off after the first couple mins

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom