Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

auto electric HVAC controls

qwikhorseman

Corvette
Torch Red Lt4 Coupe
Is there anyone out there whom has had the ac / heat control display only bars (no temp) and when self diagnostics are performed it shows all is normal, but the fan runs constantly and no buttons work.;shrug

I guess I should be specific as to year. The car is a 96 LT4 Coupe. This happened suddenly all was fine.

Is there anyone out there whom has had the ac / heat control display only bars (no temp) and when self diagnostics are performed it shows all is normal, but the fan runs constantly and no buttons work.;shrug

I guess I should be specific as to year. The car is a 96 LT4 Coupe. This happened suddenly all was fine.

Try disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes or pulling the A/c fuse?

Thanks for the info. Tried disconnecting the battery. Still not working. does anyone know where the temp sensor for the outside air is located?

Try disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes or pulling the A/c fuse?

----- in the display indicates the AC /Heater Control head can not communicate with the AC/Heater Programmer which is mounted high on the firewall above the gas pedal area.

A dealer would use a Tech 1 to send commands to the AC/Heater Programmer, such as turn the blower motor on to simulate the AC/Heater control head. Depending on the results would help identify if the problem is with the Programmer or the Control Head.

Someone has mentioned they took apart the Programmer and found a burnt resistor. The Programmer for a 96 runs in the $500 range.
Why it's so expensive is a mystery.

Thanks for the info. Tried disconnecting the battery. Still not working. does anyone know where the temp sensor for the outside air is located?

Shud be on the bottom right hand side of the radiator, access from the fromt.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom