Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Auto Insurance

cscarlson

Corvette
2003 50Th Corvette
Who do you have your Corvette insured through for auto insurance?

I would like to know this also because Geico wont insure my car for more then $2000 and I have put 11k in the car which is really messed up. I cant get collectors insurance because you have to been driving for 10 years and they only insure like 30k miles a year or something low like that.

You might take a look at insuring your Corvette with State Farm if you have a policy with them on another car. A bud of mine in a local car club says State Farm offers a Classic/Antique policy that is "full" coverage and is inexpensive. You have to meet certain criteria and use your car for "events" more than as a "daily driver." Also, I think I heard him say that your car has to be 25 years or older to qualify. I'd think your Vette would be eligible next year.

The sweet thing about it is that he got $20,000 of replacement "full" coverage for somewhere around $70 a year. But again, the car has to be used primarily for events, NOT as a daily driver.

kdlp

I am in one event a year and that is the Gainesville HotRod show every year but thats it. Another thing thats going to be giving me a lot problems is that I have been in a accident in my daily driver.

I just signed up with Gundy. $163 a year, 25k agreed value with no deductable. Unlimited mileage but the car cannot be used as primary car, for work or racing events. You can get an instant quote online at www.gundy.com

I have 2 cars so could I say its not a primary car and still drive it back and forth from school? I guess its really not primary because I only drive it to school on like wensday,thur, friday and then Drive it all day sunday, sat. By the way that link does not go to the right site.

Thanks I hope they will insure me even tho my daily driver has been in an accident.

Check them out and give them a call. You can also check with Haggerty insurance and do a search through google. There are numerous others that offer collector car insurance. All these company write "Agreed Value Policies". This is important as there is no haggling if you have a claim as they would pay the "Agreed Value" of your policy. Good Luck
Frank

Most collector car insurance policies only cover club events, parades, and "limited" pleasure driving. Also, most do not allow you to leave your vehicle unattended.

My opinion is that these insurance polocies are for the garage queen/weekend cruising cars. If you use your car other than this, you may have a problem getting them to pay on a claim in a different situation than above. It would sure suck to have you car stolen from school and get NOTHING.

I have a "normal" insurance policy with a value written into my policy (TX cannot write an "agreed value" polilcy). Sure, I pay $400 more per year than I would with a collector car insurance, but at least I can drive my car.

I had a unique (I guess) situation where I only have 1 car (the Vette) and it is not my daily driver. I live in NYC and having one car is more than you need. ;)

So I couldn't find anyone who would give my full insurance coverage on it because just about all insruance companies require you to have a valid, insured 2nd car.

Thanks to a friend on another forum, I was told about SAFECO. I got a full stated value on the car for about the same price as I was paying at GEICO. It's a bit more expensive than some, but since I only am insuring one car, it probably works out to close to the same for those people getting lower rates but have to insure two cars.

Anyway, they were great people to work with.

I have my 81 insured with Hagerty... I had to provide them the insurance info on my daily drivers also... If it's a daily driver they will not insure it... When I first bought the car I had it temporarily with Sate Farm... SF was a royal pain in the butt, they wanted a bill of sale and really wouldn't insure it for full value...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom