Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Auto Transport - who do you suggest?

irf

Proud to Support the Corvette Action Center!
Corvette
2004 Arctic White Coupe
Hi,

Any recommendations on who to use to transport a Vette from Oklahoma to New Jersey?

Thanks!

I know several people who have used InterCity including a buyer of one of my cars. All had nothing but good things to say about them. http://www.intercitylines.com/

:w
Guy

Thanks for the tip about intercitylines. That's the second time their name came up so they must be doing somethig right!

I was looking at A-1 Transport to ship from California to Pennsylvania. Getting a quote was simple, their website was very nice. But after the car was sold before I could get my end lined up, they wouldn't leave me alone until I sent them an email requesting they remove my name from their list. I received an email a day asking if was ready to set up the move, it got kind of annoying. That is the extent of experience with auto transport companies.http://www.a1-auto.com/

I wish I remembered the transport company I saw last year at the NCRS National in Hershey, PA. The company was hired to transport the Apollo LCM car (Alan Bean's old Vette). The LCM car was on top and leaked brake fluid onto the car below - a white chrome bumper C3 with the original paint, going for one of the top NCRS Awards (Duntov Award I think). The paint on the hood was ruined! There was nothing to separate the upper and lower levels in the transport trailer. The transport driver also did damage to the e-brake on the white C3 by pulling up on the handle as hard as he could.

Guy

That's somes story abou the LCM car. I can just imagine gow the owner felt. Hopefully if I have to transport the car I can arrange to have my car on top. I never thought about leaking oil. Thanks for the heads up.

irf said:
That's somes story abou the LCM car. I can just imagine gow the owner felt. Hopefully if I have to transport the car I can arrange to have my car on top. I never thought about leaking oil. Thanks for the heads up.
The owner of the LCM car felt terrible and he was a class act. He took off one of the t-tops and had CACer 81kix (Janine) sit it the car while he took pictures of her with her camera. A very nice gentleman.

Guy

I used intercity to transport my mine from DC to PA. The car was non-running (had been sitting unstarted for 18 years) in a residential area. The people who drive/own the company were great. They showed up on time, delivered on time without any problems. I would highly rcommend them!

c3vr_sig_35v2.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom