Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

AUX harness hookup

Corvette
2003 MY/Blk Z06
Being that this option was not in the Z06's, and concerns mainly the Z's, I thought I'd post here, rather than in the audio section...

OK, I've heard about the harness that goes to the CD changers on the coupes/verts, what I need to know is more details about it. I've heard you need to use this to make use of the AUX selector on the stock head unit. There is another adapter (GM-10?) that also get used to hook up other auxillary inputs. I've heard that the AUX button is disabled, unless this harness is used.

I just want to get a few more details about it all, as I'l like to be able to hardwire my IPOD output into the stereo, rather than use the crummy FM modulator I have. Anybody done it? Waiting to hear... :confused

Call the guys at logjam electronics and they can tell you everything you need. I have my iPod hooked up and it works great. I had to have the CD changer cable and also another adapter which I don't remember.

One thing that has happened to me is that when I work on the car and disconnect the battery I sometimes have to disconnect the adapter and reconnect to get everything working correctly again. This has happened just a couple times.

If you don't get the information you need let me know and I'll take things apart to find out the part numbers.

JB-

JB--I e-mailed them and it sounds like I'll need that CD changer harness and the GM-10 adapter.

Now that you have that hooked up, do you just push the AUX button on the head unit to select your IPOD (or other input you may connect)? What are you doing to provide power to your IPOD--lighter plug adapter?

Thanks!
:)

If you get the correct harness, female plug for the changer in the trunk, male and female plugs for the hook up in the passengers side footwell, hook up is simple. The plugs are in the factory harness in the lower right hand corner, One plug is fastened to the plastic surround next to the bottom of the fuse box, it has white plastic showing around it. When you get this one out, I cut the fastener off after fighting with it for an hour, the other smaller plug is taped to the same run of the harness behind the plug you just removed. The CD?AUX button on the radio controls my changer so I would infer it controls all of the factory changers. If there is anything you need answered on this MOD let me know I just finished it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom