Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

B&B Bullet Exhaust Install (Any problems?)

V

VAmagred01

I finally broke-down and purchased a new exhaust system...just got tired of feeling the engine being restricted by the factory mufflers. I decided to go with the Bullets for that deep, throaty, aggressive sound. I've read a few threads here and have seen mixed reviews...some love 'em while other hate 'em. I wanted the sound....the kind that makes the person you roll up next to at the light look the other way. :_rock They came in last night and they look SWEET....let's just hope they sound as good as they look. I'm not too worried about the low-rpm resonance I've read people complain about. Reason being is because I don't drive it often (e.g. I put 1K mi. on it last year) so it's just a toy...not a long distance driver.

My plan is to install them over my cousin's house (whom is a mechanic and has a Lift in his garage) in a month or so when I pull it out of the garage from winter storage. I'm a mechanical design engineer so I have a technical background and the instructions seem straight-forward. My questions to any of you whom have installed this or a similar system are:

1. Did you run into any problems taking the factory system off/installing the new system?

2. Did you weld the sections? (I'm trying to avoid this...want to keep the car available to be returned to stock if I decide to sell)

3. How many times did you go back and retorque the hardware?

Any and all info on this subject would be truly helpful!

Thanks,
Kenny

I did mine on a lift so I'll keep my answers short and sweet
1 no
2 no
3 once

pretty straight forward install, from what I understand the big problem without a lift is getting the Vette high enough to remove the stockers in one piece.

If you are removeing the stock exhaust (and do not want to cut the pipes), on the floor the rear of the car needs to be HIGH! It can be difficult.. I basically get it as high as I can, I pull the pass rear wheel off, remove the caliper, disconnect the upper control arm and pull the Axel out of the diff and lay it down on the cradle.. this allows for extra clearance needed on the PASS. side..

OH and don't forget to remove the 2 nuts and 2 bolts from the sway bar brackets and drop the sway bar down, you can leave the links on..

takes some wiggling, and positioning to get them out but it can be done...

I installed many exhaust kits this way since I do not have a lift.. takes a little longer to do it but it can be done..

Want to see some pics check it out here:
http://www.rickanthonymotorsports.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=43

Feel free to join the forum there as well.. And if your looking for any accessories/parts check out the rest of the site..
www.RickAnthonyMotorsports.net

Kenny,

I have the Borla Stingers with an X-Pipe. Here's what I did.
  1. Had the installation done at a local muffler shop - stock system came out like butter.
  2. All seams were welded to prevent any annoying leaks.
  3. Retorqued once.
System sounds great, x-pipe reduces popping on decell, all is well.

Remo:cool

Thanks for the insight, Guys....really appreciate it. Hey, BlackNBlue'..thanks for the links!

I'll check back once I install 'em and let you all know how it went and what I think of the new "note."

-Kenny

VAmagred01 said:
Thanks for the insight, Guys....really appreciate it. Hey, BlackNBlue'..thanks for the links!

I'll check back once I install 'em and let you all know how it went and what I think of the new "note."

-Kenny

Awesome! Have fun...
-=Rick

The Bullets are definately LOUD. The noise in the car is extreme so you have to really like it. You won't hear your radio any more either. Since my 2000 is a daily driver, I took off the bullets and put a stock system back on.

Bullets Installed....Whoa!!!!!!

I installed the Bullets this past Sat. OMG!:drool: Absolutely intoxicating! I've only been in the car long enough to drive it back from my Buddy's shop (about 45 min.) but I'm in LOVE. That's the way a Vette is supposed to sound (IMO)!;) The burbles and back-pops are awesome. The install was extremely easy. The only gripe is the re-use of the factory rubber mounts. The slot is too large for the Bullet's hangers so the system moves around. I plan to fix that before I drive it again. I backed her out of the garage on Sun. morning to wash/wax her......it sounded like a Nascar race was about to begin.....I think my neighbors are going to contact HOA with complaints!:L Senior Citizens, small dogs and children BEWARE!;LOL

Thanks for the insight, Guys
Kenny

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom