Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Back-Up Switch?

Illiad

Corvette
1973 Coupe & 1992 ZR-1
I just changed my back-up switch. I loosed it with a 22mm offset wrench. The problem was reinstalling it. I tried to reattach it without moving the slave cylinder. After a 1/2 hour of frustration I decided to remove the cylinder and it was a piece of cake after that. The switch is in and works great. How many others have had trouble with the switch?

Back-Up Switch

It's easy to change once the slave cylinder is removed. Just use a 22mm offset wrench to loosen the switch and a 13mm socket to remove the two bolts holding the slave cylinder. Thats it!

thanks, I will have to get on that soon... having no backup lights isn't any fun at night time... by the way, how much is the switch?

I was expecting $20-25, I forgot to use the Corvette rule of thumb though... whatever price you think it is, multiply by 2!

Slave cylinder removal

Hi, I'm also gaving trouble with my backup switch, it works when it wants to.

I'm thinking that If I have to remove the slave cylinder I might as well bleed the clutch which I've been meaning to do for a while (I may love driving my car but I hate being under it!)

Have you bled the clutch in your car? If so was it difficult? The procedure looks a little tricky in the manual - hold the cylinder vertical while someone pumps the clutch pedal, etc!

All the best, malc.

P.S. see www.mm-2000.co.uk/corvette/

Back-Up Switch

Malc, I just moved the cylinder out of the way, I didn't bleed it. Please post your procedure on bleeding the cylinder. I was having the same problem with my switch, it would work intermittently. I put a OHM meter on the old switch and got the thing to work like once every ten times and got a lot of fluctuation on the scale. The new switch works great!

Back up switch

Ironically my backup switch has been working every time for the last few days but there's obviously something up or it wouldn't have failed before.

I'll order a switch and fit it (looks like it's a long way up in that tunnel) and try and bleed the clutch at the same time as I mentioned I hate being under a car so I get as many jobs done as possible at once!

I'll let you know how I did it!

Malc, www.mm-2000.co.uk/corvette/

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom