Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Backyard Buddy

vet'svette

Corvette
1977 Blue Coupe, 1990 Red Coupe
I am having a backyard buddy delivered and setup in my garage in a few days.
Any stories good or bad about them?

I am very curious about how it goes. I have been looking at two post lifts, but I'm not so sure now. Maybe a four poster. Does byb install them too? Let us know how it goes.

Put mine together with one other friend. Only one real heavy piece, 400# if I remember. Used an engine hoist for that. It was all there and went together easily..........................Griz

I also have a lift, which I got from Direct Lift. Made in China as opposed to B Buddy, which I think is made in USA. I love it! It does take up more space then you would figure, and you have to bend a little, depending on the size of the car you put on there, when the lift is in the 'up' position. I like changing the oil, no more burnt hands from my Vette. But you will need one of those special long neck oil drain containers(the kind a reg service garage would use). Still lot of fun. One more thing, when I drive my '96 Vette Convert. onto the lift the 'cross support beam' of the car makes contact. I'm going to use a 2x12 to make the approach less of an angle. Have fun with it.

:beer

If I was buying a lift today, it would be the Backyard buddy!

Please keep us posted throughout! :w

I installed the Direct Lift 7K unit last year and couldn't be happier. For under two grand it was a good deal, and I've saved that much already, just doing my own maintenance. Plus we didn't have to add on to the garage - yet. This Pro-Park 7 is a tad shorter (length) and narrower than the "standard" lift, which made it perfect for my house garage. I have a ten foot ceiling, and just raised the track on one of the two doors. Now I can keep the door open when I raise things to the ceiling. No garage door opener anymore on that side. Quite a few in our club have these four poster lifts, and all are happy, happy, happy. Good luck. Pics at http://community.webshots.com/user/craigi1968

appoximately how much is the basic Back Yard Buddy? They look like they are extremely well built.

Backyard buddy went in today. Took the installer 3 hours. I love the lift but it is much more expensive than the lift I originally ordered (4000 vs 2600).
After talking to the byb salesperson, I was ready to buy the byb.
Go to backyard buddy website to see the difference. It is the only American made 4 post lift. I was thinking about a two post lift but was talked out of it since they really aren't for storing cars (suspension sags).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom